Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Need Help!

As you can see in the picture, I have NOT figured out the problem with crown caps. I have thrown every trick I have read about, heard about or have been told about and I still dig tons of these things. I know when its them as in my ground they bounce between 88-89 and 91. The bounce tells me its a crown cap every time but my ears tell me the signal is too good and it might be a coin in with iron, which would explain the iron sound mixed in with the nice tone. Does someone have any advice for me? I could just go by the numbers and exclude everything bouncing in this range but I wish I had another way to check. Non-motion audio doesn't catch it a lot of the time either. Thank you very much for any help and I hope someone can help me on this one. HH -Marc

Crank up your e trac. Just kidding. I have a deus on the way and dread digging bottle caps. Hope u get it figured out

Same here Marc, they have a hi tone that's kinda scratchy and it's too close to pass up. Somebody said something on here recently about this issue, can't remember what the response was.

Have you ever found anything decent digging that signal/number? A multi denom stack of coins throws a weird signal too...I do know with my machine, (not a deus) a lower sens gives them a noticable washy sound. I hear you though, you guys are after masked targets missed by others, and that machine has the capability of getting it. Bummer! I am sure you will keep experimenting until you figure it out, until then, you will get some excersize!
Mud

Have you tried setting basic 2 to 4 khz then switching down to basic 2 to check the target, I saw this on a u-tube video, don't know if it will work but worth a try.

Joe

JBE_Iowa said:
Have you tried setting basic 2 to 4 khz then switching down to basic 2 to check the target, I saw this on a u-tube video, don't know if it will work but worth a try.

Joe

Hey Joe, I remember seeing that and I believe someone posted that technique here, just need to find it. If I remember correctly, 4 KHz brings the screw caps in at a lower VDI then a coin would. Going to give it a try and see what happens.

I've used the 4K frequency method for a couple months. It does work really well in those super trashy spots.

It VDI's crown caps at 95 down to low 90's while quarters come in at mid 80's. The only weird thing is that the high signal is trash and you need to get accustomed to that.

Right now I use 18K as my preferred frequency and I'm able to call crown cap close to 98% of the time. The occasional deep, rusty one still gets me intrigued.

Regards, Joe (California)