Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i need info from fellow detectors who's knees have been replaced:clapping:

JOHNMARKHAM

OK been off forum for a bit, just home re cooperating from full knee surgery, Ive had some of you that have told me its the best ill never look back, OK now that Ive had this done?how long before i can expect to be able to hit the beach,right now its only been 4 weeks post op,now i know its gonna be a few weeks if not a few months before i can get to the beach but I'm just wondering from those of you who have had this already done,what should i expect on my first beach hunt??
reading about these new machines out now,dues,bliss tool and now the minelab ctx3030 i guess Ive got allot of reading time now to follow the posts and see who says what about who's detector
so ill be reading i guess and learning for now
thanks
hh
john

John,
I have no idea re knees but i had both my elbows done last year. You will know when you feel right just with day to day activities, once at this point i gave it another couple of weeks then went out detecting (Total around 12 weeks for me). I was lucky as i was able to take my daughter along with me just in case i had any digging problems :clapping:

Listen to what the Dr says and trust your own common sense. Don't rush or over due anything as it will cost you more time in the future.

Good luck and i hope you are fully recovered soon :beers:

Paul....

My wife had her left knee replaced in 2005, she was unable to go to physical therapy due to the distance from where we lived. Taking the advice of a much older woman she knew who had both knees replaced, she rocked in a porch rocker several times a day. Every time she went back to the orthopedic surgeon for a check up she had more range of motion and strength in her knee than those who had gone to physical therapy. She was able to resume all normal activities in three to four months. Hope you have a swift and full recovery and are back detecting before long. HH

:thumbup:i had my right knee replaced,in four weeks i was on the beach detecting, just make sure you DO NOT KNEEL DOWN and stay on a flat surface as much as possible,use a long handle scoop if you hunt on the beach,if on dry land have someone do your digging for you.after eight weeks i was back to work,when i had to kneel down i did it on the other knee.GOOD LUCK TO YOU,you are going to be better than before.

Hi John, I hope your recovery is going well. I had both of my knees done at the same time 2 years ago last month. I would do it again tomorrow in a heartbeat. I am now 49 and have never looked back. I returned to part time work in 4 weeks and full time in 6 weeks. And yes I am kind of a desk pusher (network coordinator) so not a high physical job. But I do have a LOT of stairs I am up and down all day. I had a physical therapist come to my home 3 times a week and really busted my butt when he was not around. I had a very bad reaction to the pain pills at about day10 and my wife flushed all of the pain pills down the toilet per my instructions. I bet by now you are out on the beach swinging the detector. I wish I had seen this post earlier.

Just a little of what to look forward to. No longer having those nagging pains as you walk or simply just sitting. I am way more active now then I have been in the last 10 years. A buddy of mine (loosecannon on here) knows me very well as a matter of fact was at my home several times during my recovery to help out and hang out. He is always making comments about how much better I can walk. I now play hockey. YUP that