Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I never would have dug this

kaolinwasher

God helped me today . today I found a very nice silver necklace, I was using my XP ORX and going along and was digging out a zinc penny, wich has a VDI number of 86 most of the time but it can range between 79 to 88 and most junk foils like gatorade bottle tops range in the high 30,s to mid 40,s and somtimes i just will not dig them , so after digging the zinc penny, I looked a few feet ahead and seen a glimmer so i looked closer, it looked like a chain and it was. A silver one and very heavy , I I never swung the search coil over it , but when iI Got home I did and the VDI numbers where 42-43-45 its a very strong chance i would have never found it because alot of times I will not dig those numbers because I would just think it was junk , so God made sure I seen it rather than swing over it with the detector . and i did pray he would help me today , and I think he did

Attachments

• 20201229_114822.jpg
    20201229_114822.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20201229_114905.jpg
    20201229_114905.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • 20201229_114953.jpg
    20201229_114953.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
Nice find, chains simply are a tough recovery. Most likely your detector is detecting the clasp, which is small and ultimately reads lower. I have recovered small silver charms and pieces of silver jewelry, pieces smaller than a half dime and with less density, that read down in the zinc cent range.......and am probably missing even small pieces that read lower. HH jim tn

the chain weighs 14 grams, ya I guess the silver is spread out and not a single, dense mass so it gives the lower number

Super find on the silver chain Gunnar!!
It pays to dig those “junk numbers”

Most people who discriminate by looking at numbers will not dig chains. VID for a chain will depend if it is in a small pile, laid out straight, or going all different directions. When straight, they sound like a nail sometimes. Put a small one one the ground and move it around. Even the sound changes.

Thanks jimmy , It would be nice to dig in CT somtime, but Minnesota can get good , today I dug some of those 30,s 40,s but all where foil,

On the Legend small gold chains ring up 11 which is the same as small folded tin foil. I keep screaming gold in my head but then a different word comes out when its yet another foil……

On the Legend small gold chains ring up 11 which is the same as small folded tin foil. I keep screaming gold in my head but then a different word comes out when its yet another foil……
its all discouragement training

its all discouragement training
From what I have witnessed in your photos, you have a extremely high discouragement threshold 😂
However, this will get you the gold rings you are seeking. It is my hope and prayer you find that multi-thousand dollar gold ring as you most certainly deserve it.