Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I no longer dig many alum screw caps anymore.

bugg

They tend to read at 82-83, same as the zinc cents. But I have noticed that the zinc cents usually darken the "pie chart " from 25 -50%, where as the aluminum caps, usually show no or little darkening of the pie. I did get fooled by one cap today, as the pie was 25% dark, with the 82-83 reading. Also many aluminum targets in the aluminum range do not darken the pie either. I will have to experiment to see if gold rings darken the pie. If they do, that may be a way to pick out gold in the aluminum range.

n/t

just an indication of the the ground mineralisation?, like the fe bars on a fisher, I don't think the pie chart has anything to do with an individual target id...

Five of the gold rings I've found with my M6 showed up as screw caps. I dig them all. I'd much rather have a gold ring than almost any coin.

I have found out with crown caps that if you drag the coil off the edge of the target, the TID will drop down to about 18, a coin (or ring) would be a clean TID drop off to nothing.

That said, if I'm at an old site trying to eek out old coins and relics, I'll still dig these iffy signals for a while to get a read on the site.

Very true Cal! Good signals tend to stay right I've found.

Its just an observation I have been watching. maybe just coincidence. I'll know for sure in a few more months of use.