Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I now have another question: What is the importance of a particular pulse delay?

parrott

Gosh everyone reading this question, please understand that I'm
trying to learn some basic facts about the pulse technology...

I'm long in tooth and confess my first experience with a metal detector
was during basic training at Camp Carson Colorado, 1953, and the detector
was a SCR-625 used to detect anti-tank land mines. It was a
primitive VLF-type dating back to about 1943.

I know a little about the VLF-type detectors and how the kHz affects
their basic ability to find small or larger placer gold...

In someway, does this roughly correlate to the pulse delay of a Pulse type
gold-specific detector?

Hi parrott, the pulse delay setting will determine how sensitive the PI detector will be. The delay is measured in microseconds and the lower the setting the more sensitive your detector to small gold or low conductors. Ok I hope this helps. Merry Christmas and God Bless!

John Tomlinson,CET

What about the pulses per second of a PI detector? Does that also effect the sensitivity of the machine? Such as the Infinium is rated at 730 PPS. The new Whites TDI is rated at 3000 PPS. Does that mean anything of a big difference of the 2 detectors besides the uSec speed.

I'm still trying to figure out what uS the Infinium operates at for its most sensitive setting.

Thanks,

Alan

True but it would be nice to have a control where you could set it exactly at whatever point you wished for different kinds of metal and conditions.

Bill

Yeah and I believe the White has a control to set the pulse rate at whatever uS you want. Would be nice to have one of those on the Infinium or an explanation of where to set the discriminator to achieve whatever rate you wished. Would make it much more versatile.

Bill

Wirechief... can you give more details? I do understand uS. And I thank all
of you who posted to my question... Please keep the answers coming...

howdy bearkat4150... you mention one pps at 760 and another pps at 3000.
Dunb ol' me; how does "pps" correlate with "uSec?"... Thanks for posting...

That the Infinium while it is pulsing at 730 per sec. It is sending out frequencies in the range of 150 kz to 150k khz. That seems to be very high freq and should be a sensitive unit. Other than that I dont know how PPS and the uS go together. I guess they are 2 different functions.

Alan

I now understand that changing the pulse rate will most likely upset the ground
balance settings... This could in some way alter the ability of a pulse to handle
both magnetic black sand and any desert alkali soils ( while dry in the upper
surface) contain a little moisture at a depth of about 7-inches).

This midrange "zone" is where in some desert areas, due to a little moisture
in the the ground changes from dry loose-pack to a wetter tigher ground.
The alkali, now containing moisture becomes conductive.

The pulse delay and the TX pulse rate do not interact with one another to any noticeable degree. The pulse rate used is a matter of the basic circuit design philosophy. I tend to prefer high pulse rates while others prefer lower ones. It's mainly determined by response speed, noise reduction and acceptable battery life. The TDI has a pulse frequency control which only shifts things a small amount, and its purpose is to counteract interference. It does not change your GB settings or the effect of the pulse delay.

Eric.

hola parrot is a detector that can help in the arrest of gold is deep DEEPERS or failing XR-71 as they have pi VLF and go to the web geotech hai lucky find all the details in your search.