Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I only have one vintage detector

duggr

And here it is.
Whites 6000 DI Series 3 Factory Hip-Mount with Rechargeable Nicad pack & Charger and C-cell battery pack. Original Hip-Mount Bag with smaller internal detachable bag and original Straps!

Sweet. Looks like it's never been used.

that's not vintage ! :) That's only circa late 1980s. But at the time, was "all the rage", haha

Ole' Duggr! I remember not too long ago when you had a whole slew of vintage highly sought after detectors. Like Mark I's,Compass gold scanner Pro's and Xl-pros with the Tone MOD. Man they were sweet for sure!

I had one but it was not a hip mount. Not a bad detector for the time.

Technically it is Vintage 1980's.

Harold said:
Ole' Duggr! I remember not too long ago when you had a whole slew of vintage highly sought after detectors. Like Mark I's,Compass gold scanner Pro's and Xl-pros with the Tone MOD. Man they were sweet for sure!

Yah! I told myself I'm going to steer away from the oldies. Picked this one up for Parts to sell.
Got home and did a little work sanding the C cell battery pack as the old battery's were still in it
and got corroded. Turns out the detector work's like "NEW". Not bad for $25.00.Think I'll keep it
for awhile and see how it will do.

Southwind said:
I had one but it was not a hip mount. Not a bad detector for the time.

Technically it is Vintage 1980's.

I started out around 1983-4 with a Fisher 1260-X. Hated that detector.
Nothing but noise from that thing. Sold it and got a TeKnetics Mark-1.
Whites made a mistake and sat on there technology and Teknetics
was coming up in the Game. I remember the old Teknetics adds in the
treasure magazines that was comparing the New Teknetics CB with the
Whites DI 6000 series saying this is theres (Whites) and this is our's
(Teknetics).I believed whites sued them over that, Too Bad George Payne
Never came out with a "New" Mark-1 that used Surface Mount Technology
to bring the size down as compared to Whites 6000 XL Pro.
I bet it would have given the 6000 Pro XL a Good kick in the Rear.
Then Again Whites should have Put Audio Target Identification in the 6000 XL Pro
like the Mark-1 had. That would have been the Best Analog Ever Made.

Here in good old Dodge City we had one part time dealer who sold Garrett so I had a lot of old Garrett's. American TR, Freedom etc. Wasn't no Internet around then. I got my hands on a 6000 DI at the pawnshop. My first really good detectors were a Tesoro Mayan and a Inca. Got them from the pawnshop. All great detectors but I bought a new White's Eagle Spectrum in 1991 that changed the whole ballgame for me.

My first Modded detector was a Freedom I mounted a multi-meter on. Basically gave a strength indicator.

freedomMOD.jpg

Ah, a walk down memory lane. I remember when those early Tek's were coming off the introduction block. There was actually an earlier Tek. model prior to the Mark 1, which also had audio ID . But it was a little fishy/warbly. It was sort of akin to a first generation 6000d, yet with audio tone ID added is all.

They were quite ground breaking for their time. The notion of audio ID tones was like science fiction to us at the time ! A few guys ran out and got those early Tek's thinking they were finally going to go out to the junky parks and dig gold rings till their arms fell off. The idea/hope was, that gold rings will sound different than foil, tabs, nickels, etc... RIGHT ? And in isolated air tests, that CERTAINLY seemed to hold true, right ?

But those guys were in for a rude awakening, when they went out to the junky parks and we all began to figure out that there STILL an aweful lot of can slaw and foil globs, that will sound EXACTLY like an aweful lot of gold rings. Doh!

That's one of Whites best non metered detectors, WTG Doug getting it going and looks new.

Yeah, Like Harold I remember you were using several models from the eighties and you were really good with modifying several.

Wish I could say the same having one vintage model, somehow my vintage collection keeps growing. Can't get away from using them.

WTG Doug!
Paul

I still have my near mint original Red Mark I that I bought in the 80's. It still performs like new. My only drawback is since I added the easier to swing handle for the coil back in the 80's as well, I have to carry the machine in my left hand and have the wire in front of me. I can go all day swinging like that, but it is a hassle two handing my machine. But I still love it as I did when I first learned it. I can go behind other guys and find the goods they miss. I found my one and only silver dollar at a farm in Southern Illinois with it. I've tried many machines, but I still think the Teknetics Mark I is the best machine ever made and it can still out perform even alot of the new stuff. That's my opinion though. We all have our own. Happy dirt fishing everyone.

I still have my near mint original Red Mark I that I bought in the 80's. It still performs like new. My only drawback is since I added the easier to swing handle for the coil back in the 80's as well, I have to carry the machine in my left hand and have the wire in front of me. I can go all day swinging like that, but it is a hassle two handing my machine. But I still love it as I did when I first learned it. I can go behind other guys and find the goods they miss. I found my one and only silver dollar at a farm in Southern Illinois with it. I've tried many machines, but I still think the Teknetics Mark I is the best machine ever made and it can still out perform even alot of the new stuff. That's my opinion though. We all have our own. Happy dirt fishing everyone.
I have many older machines that still work great. Are you from S. Illinois?

Nice job and score on your Whites.I have 2 vintage detectors now.Both are Garret Freedom Ace Coin Commanders.One since it was new and a recent purchase on the bay.That one had a cracked main coil and a sniper coil.Best offer was accepted for 40 bucks and some shipping.,as it was unknown if working or not.Oh yeah never even tried the cracked coil,sniper works great.So for memory lane 2 working Coin Commander's'.One rigged for sniping and one regular.Have other detectors but sometimes you can not beet simplicity!