Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I recentely picked up an F70

michael NY

I like the machine how light easy to swing , now for a tough test to a place ive hunted many years lots of machines..well suprised me I was able to dig a colonial musket Ball its split half only found one same type at the same park years ago.
so as a fun go to machine I like the 70, I,watched a few vis

I've been on this site for over five years and never heard a bad word on the F70, my little brother has one and he loves it.
I'm sure you'll love it also.

The thing just works, and works well!

I would recommend checking out previous posts by REVIER. He has experimented with a lot of different settings with his F70 and shares the results with the readers in this forum. Lots of tips and good information. I usually run my F70 with low disc (4-6), DE, sens 40-60, thresh +6 if my machine is stable at that setting, if not I drop the setting as needed. 3H or 4H tones are good for parks, sports fields because of the nickel alert feature. Monotone and dp (Delta pitch) are a couple more I have tried with good results. Try some different settings and see what results you get, good luck and enjoy your F70.

I liked the 5 inch coil best on the f70, I could run it wise open and it goes deep
.seperation was very good too... Congrats on your new rig

Good point woodbutcher, the little 5” is a good coil. I have read where some people really like the nel sharpshooter too for the F70.

Good point woodbutcher, the little 5” is a good coil. I have read where some people really like the nel sharpshooter too for the F70.

I have both and they both perform extremely well with depth and separation out of this world.
The Sharrpshooter is better shielded so a less jumpy, more stable machine is the result.
MUCH more stable at a few of my noisier spots.

I just use the Nel, now.

been a long time since i have posted here but i still lurk almost daily. started this addiction 11 years ago with a tracker 4 soon moved to a pioneer 505. mainly coin shooting and finding 3000 plus coins a year. after about 6 years moved up to a f-70. I was lost! stayed with it and over time began to learn the machine. It is the sr71 blackbird of detectors! Reviers posts and Jim in tenn have been extreamely helpful. This machine has abilities that have yet to be discovered. In the hands of an experienced detectorist I would not hesitate to put it head to head against those 6 and 7 thousand dollar machines. It can be frustrating to learn but stay with it. The one big lesson I have learned is don't over set it, resist the temptation to crank it all the up. It will amazae at much lower settings, much lower!

been a long time since i have posted here but i still lurk almost daily. started this addiction 11 years ago with a tracker 4 soon moved to a pioneer 505. mainly coin shooting and finding 3000 plus coins a year. after about 6 years moved up to a f-70. I was lost! stayed with it and over time began to learn the machine. It is the sr71 blackbird of detectors! Reviers posts and Jim in tenn have been extreamely helpful. This machine has abilities that have yet to be discovered. In the hands of an experienced detectorist I would not hesitate to put it head to head against those 6 and 7 thousand dollar machines. It can be frustrating to learn but stay with it. The one big lesson I have learned is don't over set it, resist the temptation to crank it all the up. It will amazae at much lower settings, much lower!
Nice to hear others saying good things about the F70. Good advice about resisting the temptation to crank it all the way up. Better to learn the machine, use hotter settings as you get more experience. Good luck with your F70 ED!