Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I see that the MX Sport has been released to dealers

Jackpine Savage

Does anyone have any info on the changes made with the RE-Release and if it has been vetted in the field by end users??

Tom

My friend just got some in stock, mine was sent in three weeks ago to get face transplant. Hope its on way back soon

Yeah, the silence isn't reassuring that's for sure. At this point, they need to get the MXS in the hands of some respected forum denizens that give it a thumbs up before many will be willing to pony up with their dollars.
Tom

I too would like to know what changes/improvements were made, especially to the firmware, seeing as I had mine 'upgraded' and it's still substandard.

What do you mean by still substandard ?:unsure: It would be nice to explain what is substandard and would like to know what you disapproval is with your "upgraded" firmware ? Without any explanation on your complaints it seems that you are just focused on further bashing Whites :poke:.
Since the release of the MX Sport some are happy and some have issues with them and have had to send them back . You sent yours back and say it's still substandard . What is "standard" :unsure:to you based on what the meaning of standard is and what your standard baseline is ...:nerd: ?
It would be nice to know what is wrong with yours now so others can weigh in on those problems ... IMHO , Woodstock

Ok so the tones are a little different than other Whites machines, I will give you that. May be repeating myself, but anyone that is so unhappy with their MX Sport I'll give you 50 cents on the dollar to take it off your hands. Might even pay the shipping. My MX Sport has found coins over 10 inches deep that my friends so called hot popular detector, you know the one without a threashold didn't even give a beep to. Both machines running stock Dd coils. The concentric is even better in some soils. I cn always use a backup or sell it to a club member once they see what the MX Sport can do.

I fully agree with you and I'm interested in one myself . Now what I want to hear is what is the substandard issues that Sneakyweasel has after he got it back repaired ... or is he gonna be a weasel about it ... and a Sneaky one at that .... I mean if your gonna bitch than explain what your bitchen' about ... am I right ? Woodstock

I have one on the way..

We will see !!

Keith

I would assume that Whites have got alot of money tied up with the MX-Sport project and also the various problems that they have had too address,so they need to start rolling out the decent machines ASAP,i doubt that the re-launch products should have problems or i am hoping that they should have,if would be a total disaster if they just 'bodged' a cheap fix and still big issues.

I hope this time around we start seeing good reliability reviews rather than before the recall,if not then it could do untold damage to Whites previous superb track record.

I tend to think that if one is being critical of a machine, or anything, you should be prepared to be specific and state the basis of the criticism.

A statement such as "it's still substandard" doesn't wash. What aspect(s) is/are "substandard"? Based on what? Compared to what?

I prefer to base my opinions on facts, or at least, objective opinions based on some empirical evidence.

In a prior post, Old California made an OBJECTIVE analysis of his machine, no negative or pre-conceived opinion beforehand. Just an honest assessment. That's how it's done!

Audio modulation doesn't work. On or off, unless it's an extremely weak/deep signal, the audio doesn't change volume and add to this a pinpoint mode that truly lacks sensitivity, makes for a somewhat frustrating experience. I'd think that enabling a feature, and not having it work, or work poorly, would make make for substandard operation. Often, I'll get a nice strong signal and, when enabling pinpoint, will have to listen really carefully in order to hear the pinpoint audio. On a weak (really deep) signal, I often can't even get a pinpoint tone. Others have experienced the same problems and have posted their experiences.. so mine is not a lone cry in the dark. I also have an MXT Pro, and it doesn't exhibit this behavior. Can't post links to other forums, so here's some from Find's: mxs modulation modulation 2
Regarding actual finds, I'm at 7 gold rings, 2 gold filled, 2 gold earrings (1 cheap plated), 1 platinum ring, 6 silver rings, 1 silver charm, and a pile of change.. so it's not a case of 'sour grapes' and blaming the machine for my own deficiencies. Maybe I'll try and figure out how to get a video onto Youtube and then link to it.

Keith

Good to hear! Your reviews are always thorough and fair minded.

Thanks

Sneakyweasel one would ASSume that the experienced owner of a machine would Know if said machine was performing to the Owners Standards, however, in YOUR case it seems that others,who have NEVER seen,heard,or used YOUR machine knows better.But now you know so all is well.
Excellent finds by the way.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the overall performance of the MXS. Since, aside from the aforementioned software problems, it operates pretty much the same as my MXT.. so was easy to get the hang of it. One thing I REALLY like is the ability to notch out the higher range when just looking for gold. Knocks out near all bottlecaps and, since the lake I'm hunting is chock full of summer partiers, there's thousands of the lousy things.. along with tons of pennies. Add to that an incredible amount of nails (from burning pallets in beach fires) and it can get pretty gruesome. With the disc. reject volume set at 1 or 2, I often hear a steady machine gun background sound of rejected targets.

How can a person KNOW if they are getting: an old one,one that has been returned several times,or one of the"new" ones that are being sold,BUT not officially declared "new" by whites??

doc holiday232 said:
How can a person KNOW if they are getting: an old one,one that has been returned several times,or one of the"new" ones that are being sold,BUT not officially declared "new" by whites??

I'm thinking you don't know for except waiting a looong time until all the old stock is sold or not buying one at all. It's too bad, I liked mine when it did work but won't trust a rebuilt one unless it comes with a MAJOR discount and a longer warranty. Maybe not even then, I don't want to send another back and wait, there are too many good detectors out there to keep going through that.

Even though Whites is being gang - bashed by many in the public now I consider buying one as long as I had a good back up just in case it needs to be serviced . And I have to add that if Whites made a public recall on these I have yet to see it . To me that can only mean the problems are not found on every single unit due to one specific part or parts but flawed and passed manufacture inspection anyways . That's a issue caused by random inspections or inspecting a part every 50 or 100 pieces and if none are found then the line continuefails even though many duds are in the run but if random inspection doesn't find them the line continues to run . And honestly if inspection finds a problem then adjustments are made to put it back to spec but none are held (detectors) that were made between or from the last inspection ... and that's were the real problem starts .
That being said , and if all but very few parts are outsourced ( foreign or domestic ) as claimed by Whites and their loyal followers then someone has been pulling a lot of chains cause they either use substandard parts for American sources and knew it or they use foreign parts and don't disclose them trusting their ISO certifications .
Whites needs to pull ALL the MX Sports in stock and replace the know found issues and put them back in stock ... they need not to discount them or add more warranty then because they were never sold to the public . However , the ones that they let slip by should be fully repaired , inspected , tested and from the very day they are received by the buyer a new two year warranty should be issued .. IMHO ,
Woodstock

Woodstock said:
Even though Whites is being gang - bashed by many in the public now I consider buying one as long as I had a good back up just in case it needs to be serviced . And I have to add that if Whites made a public recall on these I have yet to see it . To me that can only mean the problems are not found on every single unit due to one specific part or parts but flawed and passed manufacture inspection anyways . That's a issue caused by random inspections or inspecting a part every 50 or 100 pieces and if none are found then the line continuefails even though many duds are in the run but if random inspection doesn't find them the line continues to run . And honestly if inspection finds a problem then adjustments are made to put it back to spec but none are held (detectors) that were made between or from the last inspection ... and that's were the real problem starts .
That being said , and if all but very few parts are outsourced ( foreign or domestic ) as claimed by Whites and their loyal followers then someone has been pulling a lot of chains cause they either use substandard parts for American sources and knew it or they use foreign parts and don't disclose them trusting their ISO certifications .
Whites needs to pull ALL the MX Sports in stock and replace the know found issues and put them back in stock ... they need not to discount them or add more warranty then because they were never sold to the public . However , the ones that they let slip by should be fully repaired , inspected , tested and from the very day they are received by the buyer a new two year warranty should be issued .. IMHO ,

Woodstock
It sounds like you are making some assumptions.