Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I still got it!!!!

Ronstar

This is just embarrassing enough to post because it was such an unexpected recovery. Besides if ya cant laugh at the little things then move over.

Neighbors have two Great Pyrenees dogs for their mini hobby farm endeavors. Big Ben passed away yesterday at 12 yrs old. They elected to bury him on their 4 acres next to Cooper who passed about 4 years ago (same breed). Unfortunately they are flying out to a large family event tomorrow and the husband works basically sunrise to sunset so no time to dig a grave. She is slight but a hard worker and asked if I could help as they have to bring him home today. So I dressed warm, grabbed the post hole diggers (yup, that type of ground), insulated coffee mug and went down.
So we are digging and talking and just about 30” deep when I jam the digger down, clamp, lift and discard the dirt. I see round and shiny laying on top of the dirt and just automatically blurt out “Mine!” with lightening fast precision. She starts laughing and I zero in on whats round and shiny……she knows I detect.
Apparently one of the bolts thats holds the spades to the handles had come loose and the nut had fallen off. I was staring at the damned washer!!! I absolutely heard a quarter tone sound off in my head! At least my cat like reflexes are intact and she allowed me to keep the washer. Now I just need to figure out why I’m hearing high tones in my head….
Go ahead tell me I’m the only person to have ever done something like this…..😂

This is just embarrassing enough to post because it was such an unexpected recovery. Besides if ya cant laugh at the little things then move over.

Neighbors have two Great Pyrenees dogs for their mini hobby farm endeavors. Big Ben passed away yesterday at 12 yrs old. They elected to bury him on their 4 acres next to Cooper who passed about 4 years ago (same breed). Unfortunately they are flying out to a large family event tomorrow and the husband works basically sunrise to sunset so no time to dig a grave. She is slight but a hard worker and asked if I could help as they have to bring him home today. So I dressed warm, grabbed the post hole diggers (yup, that type of ground), insulated coffee mug and went down.
So we are digging and talking and just about 30” deep when I jam the digger down, clamp, lift and discard the dirt. I see round and shiny laying on top of the dirt and just automatically blurt out “Mine!” with lightening fast precision. She starts laughing and I zero in on whats round and shiny……she knows I detect.
Apparently one of the bolts thats holds the spades to the handles had come loose and the nut had fallen off. I was staring at the damned washer!!! I absolutely heard a quarter tone sound off in my head! At least my cat like reflexes are intact and she allowed me to keep the washer. Now I just need to figure out why I’m hearing high tones in my head….
Go ahead tell me I’m the only person to have ever done something like this…..😂
Oh man that's hilarious.
I was hoping to read you found somebody's treasure. 🙂

Dang it, if I would have been thinking a bit quicker…….
I would have identified it as an ancient Chinese coin. I mean made in China probably, it was deep, it had a hole in the middle……
I would have taken a pic but I had it picked up and secured too fast. Well, I dont hear too many of you with similar stories…..and the guy digging 12’ deep before he realized his steel toe boots were the target does not count. 😂😂