Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I surely understand the desire to keep the Vision forum on topic, just like the E-trac when it first came out,

christopher-ohio

it was on the Explorer forum which created quite a few problems, so an E-Trac forum was created which was appropriate and super really :) I have been on this forum for years and really love it...and up to this point, we have had the liberty to discuss our opinions about a machine versus another machine which has been helpful but really not the end all since I still love my Fisher CZ-70 Pro overall to hunt a site initially then use a Minelab Explorer II or a Coin$trike if it's a really old full of iron site...I have had more than one E-Trac and still not enamored but that's my opinion. The bottom line to me is that even a Vision will not be for everybody, even if it was $500. Personally, I don't care for White's machines (I've had a DFX and XL Pro) because I've always felt they were too complicated and I never felt confident that I could adjust the machine for it's optimum performance whereas with my preferred machines I listed above it's not a problem plus I hunt by sound and want to hear it all-I don't want to look at a screen alot since it slows me down and I find it a bit tedious. I'm just interested if this White's would finally be the user friendly and great performing machine I've wanted. We all have our preferred ways of hunting and the machine that best fits our personality. I'm more interested if the Vision hits the groove for many out there over other machines. I have spent a ton of time and money trying to find machines that I like even better then the three I have now like many others out there, looking for better performance, especially better ID and depth. I just think it's human nature to compare-we guys surely do that with woman almost as much as we do with metal detectors :rofl:If I was White's and confident in my new machine, I would want it to be put through the ringer by all TH'ers out there for feedback. I'm excited for White's since now more than ever Made in America should be at the top of our list...JHMO...HH :usaflag:

What you say just goes to show that no one detector is right for everyone. (It's all a matter of fit.) I remember when I first went digital and my XLT was a lot to learn. DFX was way less so, and now guess the Vision will be another learning curve. (I love this new relationship!!) For me at least, the learning curve is one of the most enjoyable things I guess. Heck...I don't think that I have mastered one of my machines but....I have mastered the aspects of them that keeps me finding plenty of stuff! Folks have said that the DFX is not really a box that gets good depth? (They haven't been talking about my DFX!) Can't work in areas with a lot of EMI? (Again...not a problem to where my DFX can't find stuff @ 4 to 6 inches... still!) Like anything...the new stuff takes a bit of learning but...it's so worth it!! Still, I do totally enjoy a simplified machine when I use 'em! (So you aren't going to hear any bashing from me on that score!) The Vision is not going to be for everyone but...I for one, am extremely excited about it. I did some hunting this morning (that blew me away) and am basically sitting here smiling from ear to ear because of it. Your boxes do the same thing for you and that's what it's all about anyways. We might have the best hobby on the planet but....there is no best machine.

Hi Christopher,

I totally agree. I especially like this comment "plus I hunt by sound and want to hear it all"

I have wanted for a long time a machine that would let me create my own custom audio responses. The ability you get on the Vision to take any one of 190 VDI numbers and individually assign any one of 256 tones is going to be a biggie in my opinion. Accept everything and set the tones you like to tell you what you want to dig.

For instance I prefer the gold range. I'm working the 22.5 kHz single frequency non-normalized mode, which expands VDI response in the gold range, and then assigning tones in order of where I think I have the best chance of hitting good items. You can do the same thing for coins going to 2.5 kHz single frequency non-normalized mode. The sky is the limit with the Vision for those of us that hunt by ear.

Steve Herschbach

I agree we as a people tend to compare everything from cars to fishing equipment. To have your posts removed or even be banned from a forum for comparing detectors definitely not the American way. Censorship has been the way of other parts of the World but not here until now!

JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

I'm glad the Administrators are reconsidering their position on comparison testing but don't think that this site is a democracy. The Administrators can pull whatever threads they choose and they don't have to give a reason. White's management is clearly watching this site and the last thing that they want to read is a post by a respected author that reads something like "Etrac appears to ID US silver dimes better than the Vision beyond 4" in red Virginia clay." But I don't know why the Administrators would care unless there is some commercial interest that I know nothing of.

It's not a big deal. I'll go to dankowskidetectors.com to find comparitive data. It may just take a little bit longer since there are fewer Vision owners watching that site. I'll most certainly get a Vision but it will be later than sooner and only after I do my due diligence and research other opinions including their comparitive testing. Maybe I'll even buy one new but I am the customer that White's is targeting and they will have to wait.

I'm looking to buy a nice late model used car for my daughter to take to college next Fall. Maybe I'll find some candidates and crash test one of each so I can get some comparative safety data so as to make a well informed buying decision. Then I'll buy another for my daughter to drive!

I would be very careful what you say on this forum guy's, if the administrators do not like it they ban you from posting messages and reply's, they did it to my husband for asking about depth comparisons.

I was going to treat my husband and buy him a Vision for his birthday, but not now, these administrators on here don't like you asking questions about how deep will this detector go, now i wonder why that is?

see a message that another member sent my husband, and it's not the only one, members are not happy with the administrators for good reason

I think the administrators on this forum have put there foot in it, people are not stupid, we can all see what going on.

Re: Well said on Vision forum
To: treasureisland
03/29/2009 09:28AM
That is crazy. I would have purchased a Vision, but now I won't. I can't trust them if they have no more faith in their product than that. Larry is just a puppet. You see, the guys posting on the vision forum are all associated with Whites in some way. Larry is an official tester, Carl is an engineer, Andy has a contract to write information books about the Vision, they are ALL profiting on the Vision. You said the right thing, and what I also said before I was deleted.

Well let's hope this was simply a miscalculation on their end and that the ban on comparison will be lifted. White's as a company usually has good judgment.

White's are a great company, what is not acceptable is the so called administrators on here banning people for asking honest questions my husband can not reply to any subject on this forum because he dared to ask about depth comparisons

I only asked a question on meteorites. The question was not deleted, but the answer by a Whites dealer was. Why? Dunno. Did the Whites dealer give me a wrong answer? No explanation at all. Now I don't know what to do on buying a Vision.

Is it companies complaining or just this forum admin protecting his banner adds?
I would hate to blame the companies for something they didn't even do?

My vote is I want to read comparisons. Some sound way off to me some don't I usually still buy the detector and try it for myself.
Having a forum without comparisons is just a fancy BLOG...Whenever a new detector is released forum use goes up because people want to know the comparisons.
If a company is doing it they must be trying to hide something about their product and I will avoid all their products.

You people...A FEW detectors have been out for 14 days ! ! ! And you want owners to GIVE detail reports on an item that they are STILL LEARNING. All this without a manual.

It will workout.

Jerry

CROCK of COINS said:
You people...A FEW detectors have been out for 14 days ! ! ! And you want owners to GIVE detail reports on an item that they are STILL LEARNING. All this without a manual.

It will workout.

Jerry

Not detailed reports. Just preliminary comparisons based on initial observations. Most experienced detectors who will be buying this high-end machine understand that results vary from place to place, and with the level of familiarity with a detector. I think the Vision looks like it is a great detector, and comparisons are allowed now!

CROCK of COINS said:

It will workout.

Jerry

Everyone here is just itchy to get the latest and the greatest before our neighbors do. If the detector was $500-600, we would all own one by now. At $1500-1700, and with so many people losing jobs even here on the treasure forums, we would like a few questions asked without our questions being deleted. If it is a stupid question or you don't want to answer, just ignore. We will get the drift.

>>Not detailed reports<<
I think when one asked to run out and place a nail on a coin...that is getting into detail.
While at a park Sat. AM..we put a pop top on a dime. Then placed a large drink cup on top of the thing. A 12DD coil could get a good sound on each pass. My 4x6DD shooter would not get a hit(about 10 inch above ground). My 10DD stock coil would get a good sound every two or three passes of the coil. We did not compare readings or settings.

Jerry

Jerry the chosen few had this detector long before it came out, namely the administrators on here, my husband really wanted one and i was going to buy him one for his birthday.

They have been testing the machine for around a year, of course they know what sort of depth this machine is capable of and you can bet your life that Whites tested it against other top line machines

My husband simply asked about depth comparisons and got banned from using the forum.

He stated that he had seen a Whites video, the whites guy doing the video stated the Vision was 20% deeper than the DFX.

When my husband commented that the DFX stock programmes were pretty bad anyway and that 20% deeper was no praise for the vision the administrators banned him.

MOST who have been talking about the new detector they JUST got are NOT testers for the last year.

Like your husband..you want to fight about it! So sad. :-(

Jerry

Dawn and CROCK OF COINS relax its not worth the hassle just move on.
I've been a Whites user for 10 years and any new detector introduction has to go through the proper steps.
Lots of these question take time and will be answered when more people use the new Vision.:detecting: