Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think a good find for the second time out

leesumm

Hi ya .
Went to my cousins and on the way back stopped by the local lake and thought I would try out the New MD again a lot of pull tabs some cans but this one took my eye . An 1888 one cent piece

Nice find leesumm...I have yet to find an IH copper, a large cent, or a walker...I have yet to find jewelry...Then again, I live in the middle of a community of drunks and crack heads on welfare...no jewelry to be found....they can't afford it...lol
I have to hunt outside my hood....lol

HH,

BH-LandStar

I posted this in the Metal Detecting forum ,
I was searching the net for specific laws in Arkansas on metal detecting . The way this state is I was sure there would be some kind of law I would break. Then I found this page and would like some experienced feedback on it. This is very depressing to me as someone new in the hobby and learning and from what I read on this link I dont like it :http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/metaldetectinglaws.html
This guy goes in depth on laws pertaining to aritfacts and not especially pertaining to MD but picking ANY artifact up in the USA that is over 100 years old whether with metal detector or not. Would someone care to give some feed back

As I read the law, it only pertains to State, Federal, public, and Indian land...In any place other than NY state, if the item is over 100 yrs old and you do not have a permit to remove said object, your in violation of the laws...In NY, if you unearth anything older than 50 years, your in violation of the laws...This does not pertain to private lands that you have the owners permission to hunt, although it is only morally correct that if you unearth something on private land that is of historical significance, that you turn said object over to your local historical society....the object by law would be first the property of the land owner anyways...
Do not let this frighten you from metal detecting...It takes some common sense...If your on State, Federal, or Public land, find out if you have permission before you hunt...NEVER under any circumstances hunt on Indian Territory, Battlegrounds, or inside of Cemeteries...This can lead to major trouble for you...
I personally would have no problem with turning over a 50 year old coin or relic (I live in NY), if the officer or Archaeologist could show me a legitimate reason for needing it as a historical artifact. Otherwise, I will see you in court for harassing me...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Some people will do anything to get a rise or to get noticed.

I got better things to do with my time than listening to some

pamby nut trying to blow smoke up my but.

Sorry, but I don't like idiots messing with me and my hobby.

Have you ever seen a rock less than 100 years old.

Try proving that no one ever picked that rock up 200 years

ago. Or just blow smoke. What's the difference.

What a doofis. He needs to find something probuctive to do.

Best thing with people like that is to ignore them.

Other wise you are wasting time.

HH

There is a reason he writes in tabloid style. He escapes prosecution for his obvious lies.

No respect from me. I'm sorry:shrug:

HH,

When they have an ax to grind. Especially when spreaing redicules roomers.

I do not want to be associated in such non sence. If it doesn't make sense.

You can rest assured, it probably ain't so.

How many chances do you give someone blowing smoke up your but?

About the third unfounded statement that doesn't make sense.

That should be enough BS for us all.

HH,

I agree that this law is mostly BS, and was made vague on purpose, just like the Patriot Act...you leave it open so you can easily change it to match the circumstances at a later date if needed...it is all a bunch of BS...It only takes common sense to know what is a historical find, and what is something no one really cares about, but looks cool, and is collectable. Does anyone really care about a 200 year old coin for a museum piece? There are plenty of them on display already....now If I find some coin that has not seen the light of day in say 1000 years, and it is in good enough condition to show at a museum, then YES, I will turn it in....I would be proud in knowing that many others can enjoy what I have found....and this 50 years is a Historical artifact crap up here in NY has to be changed, but only WE can do anything about it...the People ultimately are the ones that control the law, but you have to have the numbers to fight the law...

HH,

BH-LandStar

I dunno know. I kinda like the 50 yr historical artifact law. Why in just a few short years my underwear, sock and t-shirt drawer will be full of historical artifacts that I can take to Sotheby's or Christy's of London and auction off and retire a millionaire.

That's my story and I am sticking by it.

I wouldn't count on it JD, I've got a pair of shorts like that and I can't even give em away! Sure are comfortable though, I hate the thought of trying to break in a new pair. The only bad part is having to wear suspenders to keep em up. It's not so much the age...it's the mileage!

I knew someone would get a laugh or two out of the post or find some way to make it funny. Seems everything I think I might like to do I find someone somewhere trying to tell me I cant do it . Being a little wierd myself I thought several times of skipping naked in the forest hunting or on the lake fishing naked. But someone always came up with a law that said I cant do that either . The country is full of ridiculous laws , the more taxes we pay, the more laws we have that says we cant do something we like to do. I knew of the MD in National forest, historical sites, some state grounds, but when I came accross that site and read it ticked me off . If the guy is right about articles in NY over 50 years old being artifacts then about half the people there are historical , right ? Maybe they , including himself should be put on display for everyone else to see . But that makes as much sense as the law dont it ?

That is right!!!...In just 7 more years, I will not be able to make a move...if I move my feet, I will be breaking the law...I will be an antique!!!...Put me under glass, drain my blood, and fill me with liquid plastic...lol...Put my undies on display too...Here lies Bob's crust!!!...:rofl: :cam: :ban: