Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I've got it now!

Ron Brown

I've owned a 6000 pro xl for about five years and presently have a 12" Hot Shot, 9", 5.3", 3" and BIGFOOT coil for it. All these years I have been only running it in Disc and was excited to learn about the extra depth in SAT mode. So correct me if I'm wrong, I ground balance in disc as usual and lock it in, then switch to SAT and away I go. When I pass over a target, I pull the switch and now I'm in Disc so the needle will ID the target. Which mode tells me the depth?

Great forum with a lot of help. Thanks. HH

you are in Dis. audio mode but the needle will read the depth of the target. Sat is very a deep mode and all I ever hunt in. Very seldom do I hunt in Dis. I like the 5.3" coil in the iron and trash. It is a excellent mode to hunt in and will really seperate the bad targets from the good stuff. You can just wiggle right thru the bad targets to get to the good targets. :clapping: . I love hunting in Sat. :D: :D: . Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

Final question, when I'm running in SAT and pass over a target, does the needle ID it? I ask this because when I pull the trigger and I'm in DISC audio, the needle tells me the depth. My 6000 is monotone, no ID there. You see I'm confused about when the target gets to be identified when running in SAT.

Thanks again.

Hi Ron, its been several years since I had mine but best as I remember, no matter what mode you are in, the meter will give you an ID. Once you pull the trigger though, I think it will give a depth reading. Someone can correct me if a wrong....

when I run in GEB DISC, so it's the same in SAT.

Some times I can't see the forest for the trees.

Thanks guys for all the help, much appreciated. HH

I would like to try this mode for detecting too. Quick question, when you say GB in norm and then switch to SAT, do you just switch to SAT mode and start detecting? Or are there any steps required like pulling the switch, tuning, air balancing, sens settings.......etc before it can be used????? Thanks and HH!