Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Think My Tesoro Compadre Paid For Itself Today

David53

[attachment 348391 IMG_1718.JPG]

Today I decided to use as little discrimination as possible and then use more discrimination once I discovered a target. I was hoping to find gold jewelry. I guess a Sterling Silver James Avery Bracelet is also a good enough find and I have no complaints, especially since even though it's used, it will still more than pay for the cost of my Compadre.

Cool find, ya know, ive never seen a piece of jewelry look so much like fishing tackle in my life..hahahaha..I'm just saying... I'd be happy with that find too....

Niiiice!
Using my Compadre, any Tesoro actually, I got in the habit long ago to hunt really low in disc all the way down to all metal most of the time then thumb up past the target fade out point then back down to listen how targets come in.
Much more accurate ID's for me doing it this way plus the Compadre does lose a bit of depth as you raise the disc...It might not be a lot but there is some loss.
I seem to get more solid and better signals this way, miss less and it doesn't take a lot of time at all after you do it awhile.

Once I came across this silver thing in a park, I hit the very tiny clasp with the knob below the I in iron, thumbed up and it was there at the O but at the N it was gone. Going past and then down the same thing.

The Compadre, and the Mojave I am finding out, are some of the best chain sniffers I have ever swung...even a few other silver chains I have found have come in just slightly higher into low foil so if you hunt low you you have a better than good chance to find them...as you now discovered.

Nice silver find!! MY initial thought was, "a bunch of fishing swivels?" lol

Good going there David53. That James Avery jewelry is both high quality AND expensive. I'm fortunate that the Hospice that I volunteer at has a social worker that has a part time job at a James Avery store. So whenever I dig a JA piece she takes it in to be cleaned or repaired. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel