Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I took a break from the smaller coil with silver in the results.

Monte

Day before yesterday it was nice and pleasant, except for the wind, and I grabbed the FORS CoRe with the standard 7X11 DD coil, figuring it would be nice to work a bit of our local park and sandy beach. Recovered the usual lost clad coins and occasional pull tabs, but also picked up a gently used '59 Roosevelt dime. I prefer older coins, but silver is silver and I was glad to get it.

The dad-blasted smaller coil is easy to learn to enjoy that I kept it on my Racer and changed out the smaller coil to mount the standard coil on the FORS CoRe for a quick-grab for more open area hunting. Heading out shortly to hit some renovation and enjoy some 78° weather this afternoon at a site a little over an hours drive away.

I hope other FORS users have huntable weather to enjoy as well. I notice things have been a little slow on the forums, in general, and with the separate Nokta and Makro Forums is seems the racer's release and kind of slowed down the Nokta Forum activity. I encourage Nokta users to get out and get active and add to Forum activity.

I love my Makro Racer and it often gets grabbed first at a site, mainly due to the smaller mounted coil, but with better weather and the appeal of more open areas to search, such as our local beach and grassy parks, I know the FORS CoRe and I will be getting in more search time. A guy I know was asking me about detectors I plan to use this year for my ghost towns and other old site hunting and I showed him what, and why and how they achieved favorite status. He thought the FORS CoRe looked heavy and awkward compared with his detectors ... until I let his use it down at the park and beach when I was there last. I almost had to pry it out of his hands! It's funny how things might appear to us, but are much different when we handle them.

Best of success to all who get out detecting today.

Monte

Monte, I've put about 4 1/2 hours on my fors core so far with the stock coil I will post results as soon as I can say I've put in the time, it's kind of tough change so far coming from a fisher CZ - 3 d and the only ergonomic issue is the grip only fits 3 fingers with one riding on that corner by the pinpoint button

I love the feel of the CoRe with the stock coil it swings so naturally. I have yet to pull any silver yet but the frost should be out next week then it will be on.