Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I took the plunge!

DukeOBass

I managed to get a straight up trade for my CTX, Pro Swing harness and Sunray CTX headphones for a brand new XP Deus.

I will be needing some help with detector settings. I have only swung MineLab machines in the past so this is a totally new experience for me. I know I will be wanting to get the 11" coil and Chefphones.

You won't regret the trade. Once you get past the differences, the similarities are remarkable. It sound strange, but I leaned a lot about my Deus from my CTX.

I read where some either notch out or assign a low tone to numbers. 97-98-99 I suggest you do not. Just yesterday I dug my 2nd 9"+ dime that come in at 97-98.

For the most part the deeper the coin the higher the numbers so be aware. I also dug 2--1964. Penny's at 9" yesterday that came in at 92-93.
I was using 8hkz.

Just something you might keep in mind.

Keeping an eye on this. I'm in the market for a new detector and been looking at the CTX.

Wow! That's good depth! Thank for the tip.

I'm going to testing the Deus in many places I have used the CTX.

j piddle said:
I read where some either notch out or assign a low tone to numbers. 97-98-99 I suggest you do not. Just yesterday I dug my 2nd 9"+ dime that come in at 97-98.

For the most part the deeper the coin the higher the numbers so be aware. I also dug 2--1964. Penny's at 9" yesterday that came in at 92-93.
I was using 8hkz.

I bet the audio for that deep dime was clear...Deus is an audio machine so don't go "all in" if the numbers are telling you otherwise. Always rely on the audio - I've yet to hit a 9" dime, but have pulled a few goodies around 7-8" myself...without a control box.

Sure, iron throws me off a lot of the time, but if you haven't already do purchase Andy Sabisch's guide for the Deus. A must read for anyone new to Deus...

Yesterday I dug a few 5-6" clad dimes from among heavy iron trash; I hunted in the wrong area after I went home and plotted my hunting location on old maps. I was hunting where a maintenance shed for an amusement park once stood - in the center of where the bldg was - no wonder the trash was excessive!!!

Once you learn the Deus language - your finds will become more and more amazing...you'll love this detector!

I hoping to be very impressed.

Do you have 2 CTXs to be able to give one up or was there something you didn't like.
I ask because I was thinking about getting one myself to add to my stable.

I did not like the CTX because the poor balance and ergonomics. I had to spend extra money to get the Pro Swing vest and it still wrecked my wrist and forearm. No way is it worth the money they charge for them. I traded it for my Deus.

n/t

DukeOBass said:
I did not like the CTX because the poor balance and ergonomics. I had to spend extra money to get the Pro Swing vest and it still wrecked my wrist and forearm. No way is it worth the money they charge for them. I traded it for my Deus.

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

CZconnoisseur said:
j piddle said:

I was using 8hkz.

I bet the audio for that deep dime was clear...Deus is an audio machine so don't go "all in" if the numbers are telling you otherwise. Always rely on the audio - I've yet to hit a 9" dime, but have pulled a few goodies around 7-8" myself...without a control box.

Sure, iron throws me off a lot of the time, but if you haven't already do purchase Andy Sabisch's guide for the Deus. A must read for anyone new to Deus...

Yesterday I dug a few 5-6" clad dimes from among heavy iron trash; I hunted in the wrong area after I went home and plotted my hunting location on old maps. I was hunting where a maintenance shed for an amusement park once stood - in the center of where the bldg was - no wonder the trash was excessive!!!

Once you learn the Deus language - your finds will become more and more amazing...you'll love this detector!

I completely understand that tones are the way to go but if it Ids high it will also tone high is the point I was trying to make. Now I really do not care much for digging 9 inch memorial penny's especially when they are under roots. The vid may be the only thing to go by to avoid digging them.

As info only.
Thanks

Just ordered my Chefphones from England. They ship tomorrow!!!

j piddle said:

I was using 8hkz.

If you are getting dimes that register there, I assume you are running with ID NORM active . . . . remember that option uses the TID values from 18 kHZ which is not the preferred frequency for US coin hunters . . . . compresses the values into teh high end and then you start mixing good targets with large iron . . . . just a comment to consider

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
j piddle said:

I was using 8hkz.

If you are getting dimes that register there, I assume you are running with ID NORM active . . . . remember that option uses the TID values from 18 kHZ which is not the preferred frequency for US coin hunters . . . . compresses the values into teh high end and then you start mixing good targets with large iron . . . . just a comment to consider

Andy

No Andy I was not running in ID normal off and 8khz.
Not sure why this was happening , has had me scratching my head ever since.
The memorials and dimes are IDing properly at 6 & 7 inches but when they start getting to their max detectable depth the Ids start rising.

Also have read where some start losing vids at around 7" but for the most part I get Ids to max audio depth.

I really like the Deus but sometimes I get totally bumfuzled by it.

j piddle said:

I was using 8hkz.

Dumb question here but I want to be sure - you said you were finding 9"+ deep dimes...is this with the 11" round coil? From what it sounds like this seems to be your detection-depth limit for pennies and dimes - just want to know what to expect when I get my newer coil.

CZconnoisseur said:
j piddle said:

I was using 8hkz.

Dumb question here but I want to be sure - you said you were finding 9"+ deep dimes...is this with the 11" round coil? From what it sounds like this seems to be your detection-depth limit for pennies and dimes - just want to know what to expect when I get my newer coil.

No I have the standard 9" coil.
Reactivity=0
Silencer=0
Sen.=95
Disc. =2.4. Can increase to 10 with little effect on the signal.
Freq.=8

I have mild soil also.
I have a dime buried at 10" and can hit it but it is not a strong signal and IDs 96-98 but if I were hungry I would dig it.
12" quarter is scratchy one way. Not a dig signal. Sounds more like falsing.

Just increasing the reactivity to 1 results in no hit at all on either.

Jpiddle