Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I tried but it's too dang hot

gear box

I went to the old fairgrounds for an hour with the intention of digging only perfect 180 signals. Just to save energy and maybe being able to detect a little longer. But the 100 deg. temp and the 72 deg dew point got the best of me. I dug one signal that turned out to be a small piece of wire that I knew deep down wasn't a coin, but I had to dig at least one plug. I was red faced and squirting water out of every pore so I called it quits. Oh well there are better day's ahead.
Good luck Gary

You're a brave man. Kudos for trying.

Its good you tried. I didn't even try yesterday. Today is supposed to be worse but I have vowed to get out for a little bit early. The upside of all this heat is that I have lost 12 pounds so far this Spring/ Summer. Good luck to everyone. Be careful out there and HH. Matt

Very hot, generator quit(repaired now), no air,or water had to bring water in for the horses.Thank God back on the grid..HH Ron

I just got in from 2.5 hours out hunting this morning. Scored my usual- a zinc penny. I was at a different spot than usual and I had the dog with me. She sat in the shade watching my every move. Just too hot for her tho. I brought her home and I'm now slamming about a gallon of water and then going back out. I'll leave the dog home in the AC this time. HH. Matt

Glad your up and running Ron.
Good luck Matt, our heat wave broke during the night. Woke up to 69 degrees this morn. Sure felt good for a change.
Gary

Out Sat afternoon in the full heat and humidity. 94F here in PA. I went to my usual spot and nothing had changed yet. I ended up hunting the dirt parking lot by the baseball fields. My head hung low as I collected a pocket full of clad. As usual I was glad to be out swinging my detector. HH. Matt

water hunted this morning, heat wasnt bad but the pine flys left plenty of welts. it got to 99 today, when I hunted this morning, early, it was only about 75 degrees.

I decided to get a waterproof detector about two months ago and glad I did.. I've been hitting the swimming lakes nearby and
finding a few goodies.. come on in boys.. the water is fine!!!

I used to work on dry dock ships and it gets really hot. Solution? Bring a water cooler or such with ice and water. Put a towel into the ice water and wrap around your neck. When you get warm dip your towel and wrap around your neck and continue. It keeps you really comfortable and you can hunt all day. Feels like jumping in a swimming pool on a hot day. Now you have no excuses. :)~

Dirt hunting in the open with no shade, in 100 Deg temps with no wind and 72 % humidity ..... I feel for you :drool: :stars:

matthias, you've got will power my friend! With that kind of attitude you'll be digging up some great finds for years to come while others like me sit home and complain it's too hot to hunt. :thumbup: