Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I WANT TO BUY A CAR CHARGER BUT FROM WHO?

Where can I buy a car charger I have looked everywhere and cant find one!!! ANY IDEAS

i use a car to USB adapter and put the chargecable from the deus(also usb) into the car adapter that accepts USB.

example:
http://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/2145/Belkin-USB-Charger.jpg

I use the exact same things hamdit posted above. My Walgreen's had them at the checkout stand for something like $1.99!
Rich

Sweet thanks GUYS I have a few of those one is a double

I don't bother with car chargers for any of my detectors or other electronic devices anymore.
I bought a small (300 watt) power inverter that plugs into the lighter receptacle.
It converts the12v to 110v and has two 110v outlets. It cost about 40 bucks but is well worth it to me, as I have different brands of detectors, cell phones, laptops, etc.
Now I just bring the wall chargers supplied with the machines and use them in the car. This saved me from having to buy several different car chargers and if I am not mistaken, whatever I have plugged in seems to charge a bit faster with the wall charger compared to the car charger. No scientific evidence on this, just my observation.
HH

bik-il said:
I don't bother with car chargers for any of my detectors or other electronic devices anymore.
I bought a small (300 watt) power inverter that plugs into the lighter receptacle.
It converts the12v to 110v and has two 110v outlets. It cost about 40 bucks but is well worth it to me, as I have different brands of detectors, cell phones, laptops, etc.
Now I just bring the wall chargers supplied with the machines and use them in the car. This saved me from having to buy several different car chargers and if I am not mistaken, whatever I have plugged in seems to charge a bit faster with the wall charger compared to the car charger. No scientific evidence on this, just my observation.
HH

that is a good solution.
i also use a power brick
i have several car adapters for USB and they do come with different amperage outputs (500mah and 1Ah) fast charging may not be the best for the battery i think, im not sure though.
i can use the deus for 2 days and still have juice in coil, remote and backphones so i really dont even charge it even when i forgot or want to hunt straight away.

may options :)

I read in the 3.0 manuel that you should only use the factory 12 volt charger because it could void the warrenty,with the use of any other bramd. Also if not is there a certain size 12 volt one should be using?

I'm not sure either way. I don't know.
I'm not too concerned either as I use the std wall charger in a power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter.
Mentioned in earlier post in this thread...
Anyway, for the same price as a car charger I have the ability to charge any detector and any other devices.
HH

I've got the Deus adapter,but have used the USB outlet in my trucks console,with no problems. I use it to "top off" a charge while driving from one location to another,between hunts.

I just plugged my charging harness into the USB car charger that runs my Garmin GPS in my truck and charged the coil all the way to my site and it worked perfectly.....buy a cheap one, they all work the same.....