Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I want to know about ground magnetometer

willard01

Hi all,
I enjoy treasure hunting, and I keep searching for old treasures with my Minelab metal detector, I have tried searching for gold mines and nuggets as well. I visited my friend the other day. His brother, who is an archeologist, had a geophysical instrument called a ground magnetometer. He told me that it is used to find ancient ruins hidden below the ground. He told me that it can even be used for searching mines. But, I have never heard of this equipment before. I would like to know more on this because I am planning to get one. I thought it would be helpful for searching gold mines.

I think those are pretty expensive. Do you have a quote on one?

You know, it seems to me that it is better to buy quality once, even if it is more expensive, but in the end you will have good and reliable equipment

And the price will not always be very seriously different, now you can find quite adequate offers in terms of price and quality. We have now purchased geophysical equipment from them https://geotechru.com/ and we can't get enough of it. Good quality, optimal price tag

For that kind of money.
You'd be better off with a real portable GPR unit.
Ground penetrating radar.
Magnetometers show disturbances in the Earth's magnet field and the combined magnetic field the unit transmits.
I don't believe they have the tech to video view type levels yet. Not portable anyway.
GPR can show images and types of metals discovered.
Finds cavities,voids, treasure chest. Most anything in the ground.
Some can go a couple hundred feet into the ground.
You want a real GPR.
Not some hyped up Metal detector.

By the way.
Metal detectors are actually a form of magnetometer.
They transmit RF which is a traveling electro magnetic field.
And responds to the reflected and disturbed fields.
The cpu's determines what it suspects the target is by Set perimeters.