Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I want to put a big coil on my Tiger Shark

My shark has interchangeable coils. I was thinking of buying another (used) shark with a hardwired coil and swapping for a bigger, say 13 inch, coil. I was wondering if one of the aftermarket coils made for the Tesoro would work if I could hardwire it in. The lake I hunted hard last season has deep sand beach that I feel has targets too deep for my stock 10.5" coil to reach. There are also very few targets, so heavy trash is not present. Also, the sand there is so mild that it's impossible to actually ground balance the detector, it's balanced no matter where the balance knob is set, incredible but true. Any opinions, information, or observations please.

Hunt all metal listen for slight threshold rise.not necessarily a beep dig it all.I do not think you will gain much with a after-market coil,and even if you could get it to work .
you will lose most of your resale value. do not ruin your Tesoro

I just don’t know if you will gain much depth or not with the bigger coil..I have a tiger shark I’ve hunted with several times and generally speaking the depth was good but not great...after I worked over the water with the 10.5 in coil I put on the 6 in coil and was able to pull out a few deeper coins than I thought the 6” coil would get, but the place I hunt is littered with bobby-pins,hot rocks and what not so separation helped... if the sand you hunt is very clean I would hit it with the Excalibur... the tiger shark is a very good machine though..I did score a few very thin gold chains with mine ..