Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Wanted An Upgrade Not A Downgrade :yikes:

jimmyjiver

Hi,., I just thought I would share my experience with Garrett's service department....Overall they are very nice people and I love my Garrett's....Here's my problem.....I sent my detector in for a repair plus the upgrade...I also wanted another coil fixed plus I wanted to buy some coil connectors for my older Garrett's I also wanted an extra rubber grip for the AT.....I sent it in March 5th and they got it March 7th. I sent it by Priority mail at a cost of about $16.00....I just received it today March 20th....First thing I noticed was the tape on the box was just about falling off.....I looked in the box and there's no arm rest,,no connectors,no rubber hand grip plus the coil was not fixed....I used my old handle & rod then I put the coil on it then turned it on and it had a loud threshold so I turned it off and turned it back on same thing so I took it outside and had the same results....I done a reset twice then it kinda seemed normal....I then took it out and done some detecting with it,,,, yes you guessed it same old problems...I sent a two page letter explaining the problems this thing has had and now it's worst....Earlier I tested a penny and it was hitting it with a mid tone.....I have over a thousand hours on the AT Pro so I'm not a Rookie.... This machine works fine sometimes then sometimes it don't....The thing that's makes me mad is I can't get the air test everyone else is getting.....In closing I noticed some scratches by the serial numbers etc. that was not there prior to shipping it...It came here with parts rattling in the box that's probably where the scratches came from on the control box......So now I guess I'm stuck with a broken scratched up Garrett AT Pro..... It's sad because I wanted this to work out for Garrett's sake and for me...Now I'm missing out on my best limited hunting time (farm fields).....I'm thinking that if I send it back at another $16.00 cost to me can my machine take another $16.00 scratch job and come back two weeks later still not working??...:throw:... HH......Pigeon

That is not the typical service Garrett provides. I suggest you call Garrett and see where the communication broke down.

Hi,,, yeah it must be communication breakdown???? ....I talked to them two or three times on the phone while it was down there.....Here's my question how come I can't get the air test everyone else is getting???? I have tested it in different locations 5 to 10 miles away even...Honestly it's worse now it really falses on signals in the ground not to mention a penny or dime starts to go to a mid tone at 7"-8" in an air test sometimes...Here's some of the actual communication I wrote them.....I know I'm very loquacious and rattle on & on so in a nutshell here's what I need done #1 I want an upgrade & repair to the At Pro..#2 Fix or replace the erratic 6x9 inch coil..#3 See if the 7x10 inch coil can be fixed..#4 I would like an extra foam rubber grip for the At Pro..#5 I need a couple coil connectors for my older Freedom Two's..#6 Is it possible to get a headphone jack for my At Pro so I can do a custom wiring job..Well thanks for reading this and best of luck....my contact number and address is below.....I don't see how I could make it any simpler... I went into great detail (not seen here)of all the issues I was having with this machine.....It works right then it don't you just don't know if and when it's working right when you are out detecting........HH.....Pigeon

Hmm, this is nothing like Garretts service department.

Loose tape around the box, scratches by the serial numbers sound a bit unusual I think, are you sure it wasn't messed with on the way back to you?

Just a suspicous thought, but that's just me.:)

To date, this is the first I have heard of Garrett sending a machine back to the customer in worse condition than it was sent in with.

NC

Hi, In all fairness to Garrett I am going to send this unit back.....It was a matter of communication breakdown...They even offered to pay the shipping back just to make it right....To be continued....JJ

Are you sure you even got the same machine back??? I have seen it happen before...Someone elses messed up machine sent to the wrong customer...
I just received a package from Garrett with the wrong postage applied, and I had to pay for it...No biggie, as I got the parts for free, and it was only $1.50 due...I am not gonna complain too much...
Maybe there is a new person working in their shipping department...But to have an almost open box with missing parts, sounds like a shifty mail employee...

HH,

Rule: ALWAYS copy or photo your machine and the serial numbers BEFORE shipping it out....

HH,