Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I wanted to ask about the deus 2 and bottle cap reject

Waterdog

I wanted to ask if the deus 2 can reject bottle caps, can it still find Indian head pennies ?
I remember finding bottle caps and Indian head pennies on one of my older machine to be about the same ...

I would think the age or rust on the bottle cap could prove an issue with discriminating. On my original XP Deus, Rusty ones can give an iron grunt, as well as a high signal VDI, while newer caps just seem to give a cleaner high signal. On the original Deus, switching to a lower frequency, on the same rusty target, will give the same or higher signal (Sabisch trick), while a non rusty target will indicate a lower VDI.

I will have to test that. I am pretty sure it will but give me a couple days going diving in the am. I know you can notch out bottle caps and still hit gold rings.

I wanted to ask if the deus 2 can reject bottle caps, can it still find Indian head pennies ?
I remember finding bottle caps and Indian head pennies on one of my older machine to be about the same ...
Waterdog are you talking about twist off caps or screw caps? or both?

On the new xp deus 2 it says it has bottle cap reject and I wanted to see if it can reject bottle caps and still find Indian head pennies

I don't think bottle cap rejection would have effect on Indian.Head pennies. Trying to notch out aluminum screw caps would present a problem.

It does pretty good on bottle cap 5 with new caps but will vary on coil height. Seems to still like the rusty caps but will give a broken tone.. again varying on height. Ill put a video here. Just got dumped with allot of snow here in RI.

It does pretty good on bottle cap 5 with new caps but will vary on coil height. Seems to still like the rusty caps but will give a broken tone.. again varying on height. Ill put a video here. Just got dumped with allot of snow here in RI.
Pretty impressive. Thanks for the video.

Pretty impressive. Thanks for the video.
Did you test for both steel pop caps and aluminum screw caps? Its the Al ones that give us fits because will mask most coins not just IH's. With the steel one's you can notch for iron wrap around on Deus 1 if you're careful w/o losing the valuable stuff. Also does the cap feature run off the XY screen? Thought I saw this on CDs video. Thanks much.