Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was hoping to find a ton of fresh dropped but not!

zeekeys

With all the people (around 100,000-200,000 or more) watching the fireworks last night I knew the the perfect place to get fresh dropped coins, NOT! Not many on top of the ground most about 1" to 3" down. It was a good hunt and picked up another 1 pound coin. I suppose I could drive to England to cash it in? Oops, I forgot I am taking the same funny pills Mud is taking? Thanks for stopping by and Happy Trails....Z

Debit and credit cards rule the monetary means of exchange now.. A few years ago you would have found a hundred fresh drops..............

I went to a flea market last weekend....they didn't want cash.They wanted your card to run though their wireless machines..

Hmmmm.:shrug: Still not a bad haul, but I hear you...shoulda been $20 dollars in clad alone..:rant: Things are changing fast...cheap or no jewelry, and this modern clad rots so quick, if we dont find it, within a few years the worms eat it..wonder what the future of detecting will look like?..If Aluminum prices go to $2000 an ounce, then that would be ok I guess, we are all experts finding that!...

.Yeah, why dont you drive to England! Head west to that bridge in Alaska, and take the Chunnel from France! Mapquest is your friend!:rofl:
Mud

Stil a nice haul of clad, Z, but something is happening with lost clad situation. There is a school/park that has three wood chip lots that during the school year I frequent early Sun mornings. Four or five years ago it wasn't un-commn for those three chip spots to yield $5. - $7. or $8. each week. Now, it takes me two months to recover those amounts from them. And that's if I am lucky. ???????? Anyway, we'll all just keep swinging away, anyway. It is still a great hobby. HH jim tn

Thanks guys for replies.
Here is what we (partner and I) are noticing:
There has been a noticeable drop in amount of coins in our favorite sites this season. My hunting partner and I are still going hunting because that is what we do in the summer. The changing times is forcing us to become better hunters. There is still a lot of good targets in the 1-3" range. It is a time when you must know your machine to get all you can get out of it and have other skills that only come with time in the field. It is a time when these guys that rip through the parks and pick up the easy stuff is becoming a thing of the past. The guys who know how to detect will have to use their knowledge to stay in the hobby. The others will drop the hobby because they have no interest in the hobby, just the easy fast coin pick ups. It could be a good thing for us that love this hobby? It could be a bad time for detector manufacturers? Is this what you are noticing?
We hunted an area that had picnics going the whole day (loads and loads of people) yesterday and came up with 35 coins today. Supposed to be in 90's tomorrow and we are going to take off a few days.Thanks for stopping by and reading.....Happy Trails.....Z and low-note

Their new machines are for the most part cheaper priced, and geared towards separation of targets in the say 1 to 5" range.. allowing us to continue to make finds we could not in the past..

I know what you mean at our park was packed with people to watch the fireworks thought i would clean up the next morning only to find out that there guys out there all night with flashlights and detectors i only found a few coins they missed :rant:

Thanks for the replies:
A1 I have detected yards but kind never liked doing it.
Your right doc Washington is rolling in money.
ez4 when I hit a tot lots now there is always signs of someone there before me but the job they do is soooo bad. I can find many coins, not only pennies that have been left behind. A tot lot is a small area. Lets talk about a park with a number of areas that people could watch fireworks. We picked spots that would be great for watching fireworks and found 6 coins on top of the ground. Hunting at night with a flashlight, could they be that good that almost nothing is left? :shrug: Elton is more right than I would like to admit. Plastic!!!! When hunting and people stop me and ask what I find? I always get the question in before they leave, "How many coins do you have in your pocket?" I have been batting 100% with NONE! I throw the coins in a bucket when I get home or something like that is usually the answer. For the guys that aren't cleaning there coins. Some of the banks around here are not accepting loose coins, they have to be rolled. Just put your account number on the roll.
The simple metal detecting that was is fading away and no longer simple.
I think Elton is right again detectors are going deeper but 5 + inches with a consistent good ID isn't there. If you add trash, you get the results that of the government! Crap at best! Do I have the answers! NO! Sorry for going on.....
This is the way I see it from the drivers seat......Happy Trails.....Z

Ha! :lmfao:

I've been watching my stupid little dog.....He hunts with both his nose and his eyes...

When I take him for a walk, he scuttles along with his nose to the ground but if he sees something of interest, it may be nothing more than a piece of paper or a leaf, he wants to go over and verify the item with his nose for a potential good find...he is in hunt mode only a few hours everyday, morning and evening...the majority of the time he spends resting, but he is always thinking and sniffing and looking for a fresh drop...when he is hunting, he is very focused and dedicated in short bursts of concentration..he seems quite confident in what his nose tells him, quickly verifying what his eyes saw....I think we could all use this observation and learn to hunt heads up and eyeballing as well...sort of become an overall hunter not just with the coil, its our 'nose' so to speak..the real fun is in the hunt, taking a walk, and resting in between...

One thing, the people wearing gold now a days dont seem to stray too far from their cars...food for thought..
Mud

Finding coins is always fun, but like mud said there is the total experience of the hunt that's important. We like to stop for breakfast 1st and talk about where we want to hunt and the style of hunting, then we like to take a break about 1/2 through the hunt and pretty much review how we're doing and maybe change spots for the 2nd part of the hunt. This is all part of the hunt and makes for enjoyable day.