Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I wonder what percentage of upgraded F75's are still having problems if any?

no problems ever

what has been the problem with returned units if any

i have not heard?.................i will read down the forum some

max

Mine never had any problems before the upgrade and hasn't developed any since. Felix had me send in the small coil and my in-line probe so they could be checked too.

Man, I do not know where you are getting that % stuff from, but if I were you I would check my sources and if you have any reservations on the quality of the Fisher products maybe another brand is more your comfort zone. Call around and see where you can get an order for Fisher products filled by model type and ask yourself ,"Why are they so popular"? Shop for a F70 because they are a real bargain. Another brand might be more available % wise. Most of all, shop for a machine you can afford and you are happy with based on values you define. There really is not a whole lot of hoopla with Fisher products, so if that helps in making the decision, buy into the hoopla. This is a hobby and should be fun. Whatever equipment you own is a choice YOU make based on values that are important to you. The F70 is a value for the money and function.

The new F series machines are making their owners very happy and most have had other machines in the past. Some own all the latest brands. It is not easy to compare apples to apples, but one thing is for sure and my F75 has awesome speed processing the targets for ID and giving a good report with impressive depth. On some targets it is still a crap-shoot and unless you dig, you just do not know what is there. If you just want to get coins on the surface, you can knock'em dead with many brands. For deep silver and the 'hunted' out areas that are still producing: get an F75. Hands Down.

I have heard that the relik hunters in the SE states are going for the new Fisher models and there just might be a reason they are not advertising it like a bunch of Kansas City carpetbaggers.

I also was told the Fisher groups are the fastest growing population by brand. Of course that could all change if something new was on the market, but at this point Fisher is king of the hill, top of the food chain. I would question anyone who would question why you want a Fisher.

Wade, I hope you make a choice that most of all you are comfortable with. We all like the things we own and want to make decisions that are well informed so that our pride of ownership is not tarnished by misleading facts and buyers remorse. In this forum you will find happy owners who have a genuine enthusiasm for the products they bought. As long as there are products, there will be issues and as far as I can tell Fisher takes care of the squeaky wheels.
In my opinion, look into customer support before you buy because that has allot to do with being a happy owner. Another opinion of mine is,.....

Best to you,

Sunny Jim

Had to send mine back twice.Sent bought coils.They sent bought new coils and repaird It. Works great now.Took 2 weeks bought times.. H#$% of a detector.Bob

Mine is still not upgraded. I will send it in bu right now is working like it should with both coils.

I think a lot of socalled problems were, more than anything just trying to get the hang of a supersensitive detector. Although there was a few that had obvious issues. Thanks----Wade

Mine has not been "upgraded" yet, but perhaps most importantly, I have not had problem # one with mine since day one and I have swung it almost daily now for a little over a year. Although there have been some TRUE F75 problems, I suspect if there was a way to know many of the so called problems were user induced. Some users simply weren't used to the F75's super sensitivity and rapid response speed and some others didn't understand the notch setup and had it set up wrong. Quite honestly, the F75 has it all...terrific depth, can sniff through the trash and is light enough to be swung all day. HH jim tn

Jim said it best. To think 5 years was spent just on egronimics and light weight. You never har anyone complain that the 75 is too heavy. This is one big over looked Pro the 75 has. I think the reason we get so many finds is that we can swing it for 6 hours. The big Con of the 75 is that its super sensitive, more so than any other machine on the planet. Mix that with user error on setup and theres your problems.