Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I would really like someone to donate a picture of a rock or mineral for the forum...

Guvner

Administrator
Staff member
If you have something you like to show off this would be a great spot...

Post them here and tell me they are for putting on the forum. I'll make a decision after I look at a few...

Thanks...

Guvner..

As a geologist I had some interesting pictures, but they come from Italy, it's ok ? or you are interested only in US rocks ?

Don't know about anyone else but this old rock hound would like to see them.

Here's a bracelet & ring I made, mounted in silver. I bought a chunk of malachite at the gem & mineral show in Tucson and over the years I cut, polished & mounted many items from it.

steve in so la

ry%3D400

Your request is a good one but you fail to say what the end purpose will be.

As most know, the pictures in classic " Rock & Gem " books are not what one

will / can find in the field. If you mean that kind then there will be more interest

and use to everyone. Even better is " About .com " Geology; it has all anyone

could ever want about rocks and gems in it, presented how a person can understand

and learn by a real geologist . No better information out there than this !

First 2 pictures:
at left:
This volcanic bomb hit the cinder deposit, can you see the deformed strata that indicate the direction of impact
at right:
a concglomerate rock over a sandstone with white shells, showing the changing of coast line and different sedimentation.
Second row of pictures:
at left:
Alpine glaciers grind this granite.
At right:
can you recognize a marble without scratch the surface ?? this marble is so white and cristalline that we need a good artist to bring the statue out of it, note the elicoidal wire used by old timers to cut marble years before diamond bit came on market.