Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Would Still Love to See a Waterproof Sovereign

goodmore

Yes the Equinox sure has taken over the detector world, but there is still room for a waterproof Sovereign. No meter.....BBS with the ability to change coils.....Waterproof headphone connection......and of course a modern lighter weight box. We never got it and waited years for it.

Pipe dream now especially with them discontinuing parts. I would liked to have seen one like the nox using bbs. I think bbs is still under estimated.... especially on the beach.

x2.

dewcon4414 said:
Pipe dream now especially with them discontinuing parts. I would liked to have seen one like the nox using bbs. I think bbs is still under estimated.... especially on the beach.

I would like the same thing on the Excalibur. I am in the process of changing the headphones. I like the Sovereign or the Xcal at the beach. Havent seen any results that make me believe that the NOX could out perform either of those machines on the beach/water except maybe on small gold. But would I find enough small gold to justify the expense of a new detector.

dewcon4414 said:

I think you are correct. But hey I just like to let Minelab know once in a while that they missed an opportunity. When that first ATPro hit the market years ago the salt water hunters were waiting. BBS? I still love it. I sure as heck didn't blow my energy reserve digging bottle caps. Remember the days of boxing up a Sovereign? SIGH!

I think just like older hunters that refuse to retire from metal detecting, BBS units are tools that work and will be around for a while. Newer isn't necessary better.

Myself and many that don't do water hunting or just shallow hunting would like to see a revamp of the Sovereign like the Equinox is, I would still like to have a 180 meter being my hearing is not that great like many of us that are older. To me between the tones and the meter reading I have picked many coins with nails other detectors wont get a signal on.
The Sovereigns may have been released when too many wanted a beep and dig machine where the detector tells you what is good and what is not is why many didn't have the patience to use and learn it and hated them. Now many of us know what this detector Will do when you know it language and seen how this detector will do more of getting the good targets while leaving the trash in the ground.
I see many of the names on this forum that has spent the time to understand this detector and maybe got other detectors and use them, but seen they still keeps a Sovereign as they know what these detectors can do.
The older Sovereigns I think most thought were built cheap looking, but seen they were very good and not a lot of problems with those that took the time and seen what they can do.

I do have the new Equinox 800 and I know there will be a lot of learning with this detector as I seem to be getting a lot of trash that shows good and haven't found anything yet that I missed with my Sovereign in some of the places I have taken the Equinox to and feels I just got to learn the Nox more.
It was a shame the Sovereign was discontinued and would like to see it made again, but more balanced and lighter weight plus waterproof too with the replaceable coils, the meter that could be added if a person wants one.

Rick

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?22,1840217,1840217#msg-1840217

Not fair...... Mel gets all the good toys lol. Hey Mel how did ya do on your trip this last time to Fl?

These companies need to get away from those huge boxes it takes two people and a swingy thingy to handle. Im not certain why ML thinks BBS is old school...... she works prety darn good on the Xcal and Sov. Do it digital ...... and see what happens.

dewcon4414 said:
Not fair...... Mel gets all the good toys lol. Hey Mel how did ya do on your trip this last time to Fl?

These companies need to get away from those huge boxes it takes two people and a swingy thingy to handle. Im not certain why ML thinks BBS is old school...... she works prety darn good on the Xcal and Sov. Do it digital ...... and see what happens.

+1