Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ICE DAY AT THE NAVAL BASE BEACH

onebaddude9

Went back down to the Naval Base Beach with my Fisher CZ-5 (The funny thing is I just got this back from Nasa Tom, who did the CZ3D upgrade for me) found some coins and WOW after there for just about an hour hit on 2 objects about 3 feet from one another. You could see where a towel impression was in the sand so after swinging I hit on these 3 nice objects. It was a nice 10K gold man's ring 25 diamonds. I always bring my diamond tester with me just in a rare case I might find something. Don't know how many looks to be about ,50 carats and a nice ladies ring 14 k with 20 diamonds not sure on the carat weight. and the this whopping 14kt man's bracelet. My first for the year. I am going to Camp Pendleton Marine base tomorrow at their beach and cantina for awhile. We will have to see what happens. Good luck to all with your hunting

Now that's what I'd call a good day at the beach - congrats ! :clapping:

Wow !! Awesome fantastic gold finds. Also fantastic is your two silver capped bust coins, very hard to find those. You are the man.

OOPS. The silver capped bust coins were found by Ohio-Etrac-Ohio. Excellent finds.

We discussed this in a PM.

I served as well, a long time ago in another war.

I suggested that since it was probably a service member or one of their family that lost the stuff, you might make an effort to see if the loss had been reported or something. You didn't think much of my idea.

OK, it was just a thought and it's really not much of my business.

I will not comment further.

518 posts and still,posting.

WoW those are some awesome finds!! congrats
Is this a public beach or just for your fellow service members and their family?

Its a military beach on base near Coronado[

quote=bob.oz]
WoW those are some awesome finds!! congrats
Is this a public beach or just for your fellow service members and their family?[/quote]

Nice finds!!! I hunt both of those areas regularly, but have never found anything quite as nice as that. The last time I was at the Coronado location, my best "find" was helping a frantic woman recover her lost car keys in the sand - very gratifying; one of the best aspects of this wonderful hobby.

Nice finds - that's a LOT of gold!

I served 4 years in the Marine Corps as a "cannon cocker", and most of my time was spent at Camp Lejeune, NC. At that time I had my trusty CZ5 and did well with it at surf and turf locations on base. Even the beach LZ near Onslow Beach was OK to hunt, I met a couple fellow Marines who liked to hunt, and sometimes we'd go out to the beach after concerts, events, etc. Since we were federal employees at the time, I don't think anyone really cared. We found mostly coins but occasionally you'd get some jewelry...

One of my then hunting buddies found a recently dropped bayonet from an M16 on the beach, and he promptly returned it to his unit's armory. We always returned federal property to one of the base armories - another hunting partner found a rusty M16 in a couple feet of water on one hunt - I would have hated to be the Marine who was attached to that rifle, he surely got an earful from his CO!!!

RATBOYUSN said:
Just a question...how are you able to legally hunt on federal property?

My experience has been that each base/fort/whathaveyou leaves the decision up to the XO as to where and when you can metal detect. Usually if you have a beach, the beach is fair game. This is especially true in states which do not extend property rights below the high-tide mark, meaning the beach isn't actually part of the federal property.