Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID Edge......Headphone comparisons

CWRelichunter

I was just doing some in-house testing of my ID Edge tonight and trying out all of my different headphones to compare <b>ATR</b>. The <i><b>audio target response</i></b> that I received gave me some very surprising results.

I figured the Fisher phones that came with the Edge were cheapies thrown in with all the other "extras" that some customers seem to like when they make a purchase. What I found though was that the Fisher headphones appear to have the best clarity of sound, and give the best ATR as compared to some of my other more expensive brands of headphones.

Now, here's the point I wanted to throw out on the forum.

I also own another particular brand of detector and previously to this test tonight decided to buy the "specific" headphone made for that brand by the same company. And I also found that they seem to have the best ATR on the same brand of detector as compared to other makes & models of headphones. So this in the 2nd time within the past 6 months that the headphone brand that matches the detector works best when compared to other brands of headphones.(at least for me)

Sooooo.....Is there a new trend by metal detector manufacturers in matching their headphones to work best with their own detectors, or is something else occurring here?

I want your opinions on this, and this is not a complaint of mine.

Just food for thought...and an observation.

I have a pair a the "black" Fisher 'phones that came with my CZ-5. Unfortunately, they need to be fixed, and I am not that great with a soldering iron, nor to I know the order of the wiring.

The past couple of years, I've been using some basic Grey Ghosts.

I actually think the black Fisher 'phones had slightly better "ATR", as the "loud" sounds were louder, and the "soft" sounds were a little softer than what I get with my Grey Ghosts. I was basically able to call the depth of the target without having to run a pinpoint for a depth reading. With my Grey Ghosts, I know when they are deep, and when they are shallow, but mid-range is hard to tell.

On the flip side, my Grey Ghosts are more comfortable than the black Fisher 'phones.

I've also used the "high-end" red 'phones that Fisher makes, which are basically identical to the ones on my CZ-20. Those 'phones are a little to loud for my ears, so I have to run the volume a little lower than I normally would on my CZ-5.

HH from Allen in MI

Mainly what they do is match impedance, and try not to 'clip the top and bottom of the audio spectrum.