Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID NORM

Crusty

One of the new features in V3 is ID NORM.
"The Target ID value for a specific target will be consistent across the 4 operating frequencies when the ID Norm option is activated."

Seems to me this is a good option and makes sense......how do otheres here feel about ID NORM ?

Dave

Two ways of looking at that option . . .

1) It makes it easier to remember what specific targets register as across all frequencies

2) Having TID values shift as you change frequencies is one way to check for targets such as bottle caps so locking the TID with this function negates that ability

Two camps - and for me, my use depends and where I am hunting.

Personally, the range of good TIDs is not that hard to remember across multiple frequencies but it was added to address a stated need and it does address that request quite well

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
Two ways of looking at that option . . .

1) It makes it easier to remember what specific targets register as across all frequencies

2) Having TID values shift as you change frequencies is one way to check for targets such as bottle caps so locking the TID with this function negates that ability

Two camps - and for me, my use depends and where I am hunting.

Personally, the range of good TIDs is not that hard to remember across multiple frequencies but it was added to address a stated need and it does address that request quite well

Andy

Thanks Andy, I knew there had to be two ways, at least two, to how this feature may or may not add to my detecting experience.
Also just wanted to say I'm surprised how easy the menu is to navigate on the Deus......a pleasent surprise these days.

Dave

When people were making v3 requests, one of them was ID normalization. I thought it was a great idea and wanted it also.
Now that I have it, I don't use it. For all the reasons Andy Mentioned.

They should have used 12Khz for ID Norm simply because it is closer to the TID numbers of the majority of other detectors on the market. Whenever I use 12Khz, the TID numbers just seem to make sense to me and seem more familiar than the 18khz numbers that XP chose to go with. Of course, since many European users prefer 18Khz for their sites it makes sense that they chose 18Khz for the detectors that are closer to them, but a simple option to choose which khz to normalize to would be easy to implement in 3.2