Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Id norm?

taltexan

I just downloaded the new deus software and it appears that ID Norm is on . I get the same readings in all preset programs no matter the frequency.
Is this correct or did the download miss it?

Your cool. V4 defaults to Normal on. If you want it off go to profile off main menu drop down to normal on and turn off. HH

its not perfect id norm but its close even though based on 18 kHz the lower freq seem to toss caps up higher than 18 so I turn it off sometimes in 18 make sense out of that :lmfao:

ID Norm runs in 18Khz and bunches/compresses all the target IDs in the upper numbers.
The lower Frequencies spread the target IDs out and make it easier to tell crown caps from quarters and that sort of thing.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
LTimedigger said:
Your cool. V4 defaults to Normal on. If you want it off go to profile off main menu drop down to normal on and turn off. HH

Why would one want ID Normal off?

Using Deus with ID norm off.
Try this.
Get yourself some aluminum twist caps, clad dimes, puarters, silver dime, copper penny, zinc penny, IH penny, and other junk targets.
With ID. Norm off sweep the above targets uaing 4 or 8khz and document reading.
The sweep suing 18khz again ID mom off.
Then turn on ID norm and repeat above.
Notice the readings attained in 18khz the same with id norm off or on.

Notice the difference in Vdi reported using 4kah or 8 khz vs the highe pr freqs of 12 and 18khz.

Id norm off using lower freqs like 4 and 8 khz deco presses the id range, a key picking out true higher conductors easier. Tone wise if tone breaks are set correctly and also using mete r readings to make dig or no dig decisions.

Cheer.

Same with my 4.0, ID Norm on/off only works with the original coils. The HF 9" and HF elliptical coils don't have access to the ID Norm feature, Noticed that right away.

Unless I'm not seeing it? Maybe there is another way to activate the ID norm feature with the HF coils?

Maybe on a future update, would be nice to spread out the numbers especially with high conductive.

Below is a picture of the Profile screen, using Deus Fast with elliptical at 74 kHz.

HH, Paul

that's right it doesn't work or isn't there with the HF coils.

squirrel1 said:
Tony N (Michigan) said:
LTimedigger said:

Why would one want ID Normal off?

Using Deus with ID norm off.
Try this.
Get yourself some aluminum twist caps, clad dimes, puarters, silver dime, copper penny, zinc penny, IH penny, and other junk targets.
With ID. Norm off sweep the above targets uaing 4 or 8khz and document reading.
The sweep suing 18khz again ID mom off.
Then turn on ID norm and repeat above.
Notice the readings attained in 18khz the same with id norm off or on.

Notice the difference in Vdi reported using 4kah or 8 khz vs the highe pr freqs of 12 and 18khz.

Id norm off using lower freqs like 4 and 8 khz deco presses the id range, a key picking out true higher conductors easier. Tone wise if tone breaks are set correctly and also using mete r readings to make dig or no dig decisions.

Cheer.

How does one access the ID Norm? Edit: Never mind. I found it.