Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'd rather be lucky at this hobby than good at it ..

MNCoinhunter

I stumbled on this playground that looks like it hasn't been used in over 20 years. Targets were scarce and I'm sure it's been pounded. But they missed this little beauty .. 1849 Four Pence .. holed for a necklace. My second oldest coin ever .. first oldest is an 1838 half dime that I found when I was 10 or 11 years old.

Luck can not be beat !! Good luck also makes it fun all the time too.I know a guy who swings his coil in front of his feet at a fast pace. Raises it two feet off the ground on each left and right swing pendulum and finds more than I ever did.. Better finds too. ..........:rofl: [size=large]I swear that is the truth !![/size] Amazed me every time I hunted with him..

Nice find Dave !! I love that old Brit & Canadian silver ! About 10 years ago I popped a nice 1850's Brit 3 pence out of a curb strip. That was a surprise !
HH Bruce

McDave- you have lots of luck and this sweet find is proof! Congrats! - Jim

WTG Dave. :clapping:
Its the what the hobby is your either fortunate enough to pass your coil over the goodies or your not. This day you where and that is the hobby in a nutshell.
You obviously know the sounds and what to dig so, here is hoping you continue to pass over more goodies. :thumbup:

That's a cool find for sure my friend:clapping:

It helps to be a little lucky and it helps to be good with your detector of choice....and I think that being BOTH is a great combination.

Don't sell yourself short..because I'm sure as pounded as that site was...others coils had passed over it.

YOU found it.:cheers:

Great find Dave, congrats!----I'm betting you are PLENTY good at this hobby! :thumbup:----It does help when the targets are there for the coil to go over tho, doesn't it. :)-----That's a neat dig!