Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Idea to protect your Explorer or Etrac

I seen where a guy had posted about using a bicycle tube to make a grip for his garrett pinpointer. I think this would work good on the Explorer or Etrac to cover the stand and also a piece to cover the battery compartment/handle in front of the armcup. I am getting one tomorrow and if it works out will post a pic.

Sounds like a good idea. I will wait for the update. Thanks

I have a cover on the box, plastic tub on the stand, tennis grip to cover the foam handle, chair cap to cover the tip of my X1, sheep skin covers my arm cup, and a sticker over the speaker... come up with some more ideas let me know.

Dew

I use this Coban to wrap the foam handle. I find that it works great to keep the mud and dirt off the foam and is easily removed and replaced, and doesn't cause any tape marks. I usually get mine from the pharmacy for about 2.50 a roll which lasts me about 6 wraps. and they only have to be changed once and a while unless you really get it dirty. you could in essence wrap your whole detector in this stuff.:heh:

I use a product called Xtreme tape from Duluth to wrap my handle. It is a silicone based product that adheres to itself w/o glue - thus easy to remove yet stays put as long as you want it too.

That sheep skin i use on the cuff works great. I got the idea when visiting DOC's in Vegas... he sells them. At the time i was using a Whites and his didnt fit my machine. So i bought a 6 inch round buffing bonnet and its fits perfectly. The tennis tap i wrapped my foam handle with is very close to what you are using montana mine has lasted for a couple years now.

I am going to get the bicycle tube today for the one mod but I wrapped the grip with a tennis racket grip called the Wilson Contour Cushion-Aire grip. I found this at a bargain store for 59 cents and it looks and feels great as you can see in the pic.

put one size tube on the detector body and a smaller one on the upper rod...think it will work great to stop scratches and scrapes here are pics

n/t

n/t

As far as scratching up the detector, believe it or not using what Andy S suggested in his book has worked great for me. I clean my detector after each use with Mothers protectant, similar to Armor All and my SE that I just sold looked as if it was brand new, and I used this detector allot. All I need is the rain cover and the Mothers. I wrap the foam handle because they are hard to clean mud out of.

Neal you'll probably want to make that a studded snow tire so your coil can get more traction in all that snow and ice ....:devil: I just couldn't resist....