Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Identification of "New"Design GT Meter versus "Old" ? Color?

Elton Noway

On the official Minelab website they've posted a field test of the GT.

http://65.61.168.16/field_tests/sov-gt.htm

In the article is a paragraph dedicated to the "NEW" Re-Designed ID meter. It states:

"The meter for the GT has been re-designed, not only in a nice new light blue color, but has also been modified to actually produce less numbers than its predecessors."

Question: In reference to the light blue statement; are they referring to the the entire plastic housing / meter body is light blue or are they just referring to the "mask" that surrounds the LCD?

I'm wondering if this color issue can be used to identify / verify the new 2005 model.

The reason for asking is my "new" meter (ordered specifically for the GT) arrived in the mail last week. The entire "body" is black... only the face (decal) surrounding the LCD display is light blue.

I know earlier model displays (like the Sov XS) had an all black body with a black bezel around the LCD, thus, they were entirely black.

Anyway, yesterday I exchanged emails a guy selling what he claims to be a new genuine minelab Sov meter. He said it was the new 2005 model for GT and Elite. He said he just got it but decided to get a different detector and would no longer need it. He was asking $105 for it. My concern is he sent me a photo of the meter. What I saw was a meter (identical to mine in "shape")... but... the housing / body of his was what I would call light grey. Depending on his camera and my monitor... light blue might look like light grey but... it was a very clear close up and in no way was it a black body. The bezel mask on his around the LCD was black.

NET: Mine Black body - blue mask. His Light body - black mask.

Now I'm trying to figure which one of us really has the new 2005 Minelab meter for the GT and/or did one of us get ripped off? :shrug ...

Can anyone out there identify "with confidence" the color configuration (body & mask) of the new redesigned meter Minelab is referring to in their field test?