Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IDX Pro And DD Coil Question

Boston

I am looking for a small DD coil to mount on my IDX Pro. Any information on the Shooter or go with an after market coil if there is one...

Hi Boston, I was looking at the same thing, Whites dose make a 4x6 DD for the 6.5kHz detectors,but was told that they didn,t work very good. Did not get much depth, so i quit looking for one. I have the one for the MXT, and it works very good 6" to 7" on a dime and will hunt in trash good. If you get one please post how it dose. If it worked like the one on the MXT i would have one on all the time. I have the 6.5 Blue Max for the 6000 DI PRO, and it dose good but the 4x6 dd can,t be beat. Good Luck Flintstone

The only small DD coil for the IDX that I know of is the 4"X6" Shooter. Flintstone is correct, it doesn't get near the depth or performance as the 4X6 for the MXT (I have both machines and coils). You say you want a small DD. Not sure why you need a DD but the BM350 Snooper coil (concentric) works great on the IDX. It pinpoints better than the 4X6 and goes deeper. Target separation is also excellent.

On the Classic III SL, Classic ID, Classic IDX and IDX Pro models, the Blue Max 'Shooter' coil (4X6) does work, however they just do not work well. I had a few and none matched the performance of the same-size Eclipse 'Shooter' coil on the MXT's or M6. Not even close!

I always got better all-around performance from the 4" 'Snooper' coil (the Blue Max 350) or one of the 6

Hi Boston, I used a 5.3 Bullseye Concentric on a Classic id I had and due to the Classic's extremely fast recovery felt it was surgical in trashy environments. It also got the similar depth as the 8" slim-profile concentric. If you can't find a used one I believe you can still buy this coil new.
Good Hunting,
Mike

I got one of those Ferret coils that Kellyco used to sell, its 5.5" and works well on my 6.59kz Whites. You can find them on Ebay I paid $40 and I get as much depth as my 8" coil.

Mike T said:
I got one of those Ferret coils that Kellyco used to sell, its 5.5" and works well on my 6.59kz Whites. You can find them on Ebay I paid $40 and I get as much depth as my 8" coil.
...................................The only coil I use on my IDX Pro is the Ferret and my Bandido 2 Umax I use the 5" and the Super 7" Troy.