Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IDX Pro, Excellent machine

A

Anonymous

I just added a new IDX Pro to my Detectors. I really like this machine. I read in the manual about adjusting the ground balance on it if a guy wants to. How many of you have removed the Sticker and done this?

EXCELLENT is almost an understatement! Actually, there are quite a few detectors that, in their own way, can be considered "<EM>excellent</EM>," such as my XLT or the MXT or XL Pro. What appeals to me about the IDX Pro (or my unmetered Classic III SL) is that they provide very smooth operation with great rejection of small iron trash, wonderful quick-response and quick recovery characteristics, unmatched battery life, nearly perfect balance and 'feel' with the well designed trigger toggle mode change.
With the ability to use an enhanced (lower-end) Discriminate range of adjustment for all-metal accept performance and coupled with an excellent assortment of search coils, these detectors definitely have multi-task versatility!
I have only one major complaint about the Classic series, and a couple of minor gripes. The <EM>major</EM> complaint is that they set the audio Threshold way too loud. The powers that be at the time decided that the Classic's, being lower-cost models, might appeal to a lot of younger folks or older people who might just use them now and then, and probably without headphones. So, they set the audio Threshold high enough to be heard through the speaker, and sometimes even too hight then!
On a positive note, you can open the housing and very carefully adjust the VR-4 trimmer (that's the Threshold adjustment) in the All Metal mode for a 'proper' slight audio setting for you and the headphones you choose to use.
As for the user accessable Ground Balance control, and the Ground Balance adjustment procedures for the Classic series, let me offer this:
<STRONG>