Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Idx pro with Mr. Bills Mod........ Nickel Ghost flash

Percy

I purchased this detector from a loyal forum member and enjoyed using it today.
I had one of these once before. I remember reading a post about the Nickel Ghost Flash.
I can't find this tip.
Can someone refresh my memory on this ?
Thanks in advance !

Found the post from K.House about 3 years ago.
When you get a nickel hit......pinpoint the center sweeping 2 inches past or before the target. The nickel will
light up along with a flash in the foil notch .....just an fleeting flash that is barely visible before the nickel lock.
if it doesn't flash it usually is not a nickel.
Hope this is useful.

Good tip , since I just modified an IDX I picked up

Thanks Sven'
I've been running my RNB battery also from my DFX and it's lighter and never seems to need a charge in the IDX.

I love those IDX....I feel like it's such a solid machine and I can run it hot and its always so stable in my ground !

If the Ground balance is out of whack and goes into the negative when checking GB in all metal, the IDX will drop down a segment in TID. In other words a quarter will id as a dime and a dime will id as a zinc penny etc. On mine I set the GB a little bit positive as coil is approaching the ground in all metal (trigger pulled) over clean ground.

I think it depends on how you have it adjusted. I bought on one time where the nickels were hitting in the wrong zone so I opened the case and messed with one of the little trimmers. When I had it in certain positions it would give the ghost flash. When I had it right on it would not. I think it all of a matter how it is calibrated as to weather you see a ghost flash or not.

Percy said:
Thanks Sven'
I've been running my RNB battery also from my DFX and it's lighter and never seems to need a charge in the IDX.

Thats exactly what i have been doing running my IDX Pro with my RNB battery pack from my DFX,in the handbook it mentions that it will run for 70 hours on the alkaline battery pack,so how much time would it run on the RNB one could possibly be alot longer and its also slightly lighter as well.

Not sure about getting it modified as yet,will run it with the stock coil and 5.3 and see how it performs,if i am honest i dont think it needs it at the moment.