Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IDX PRO with Whites Optional Ground balance?

Has anybody used a Whites IDX Pro with this and how does it differ from say Mr.Bills Mods IDX PRO with ground balance.I didn't know whites gave this option till now:confused:

If you can balance the machine to your particular ground, your gonna get some added depth and target separation...

The Ground Balance is not really an "option". I think that White's should have advertised it as having "the ability" to G/B. All IDX pros came with the ability to ground balance the detector to your soil from the factory. On the top left side of the control box there is a small hole hidden under a decal or sticker. Inside the box below this hole is a very small trimmer that adjusts the G/B. You insert a small screwdriver through the small access hole to make your adjustment to the G/B. The Mr Bill Mod moves this adjustment to the outside of the control box for easy access and it's labeled and had a nice knob for adjustment. Mr Bill can also install a Threshold control. The small factory trimmer for the G/B can easily be damaged and is a pain to access often. The Mr Bill mod makes the adjustment quick and easy. The mod is also smoother as the factory trimmer is much more touchy to get adjusted correctly.
I have a Mr Bill mod'd IDX Pro. There is a world of difference between the factory machine and the mod'd machine. I'd never go back. Hope this helps explain the factory G/B vrs. The Mr Bill Mod.
Tom

It explained it very well. Thanks Tom.
HH
Scott