Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If I want to hear about an Etrac I will go to the other forum.

How can we see if it fits our needs except by comparing it with what we know? If they want to sell these machines, we need to know what detectors they can assist, or replace. I am interested, but need to part with something before I am able to spend this kind of money.

Well I don't sell them so l will hold off on my comments. Sorry.

No apology necessary, I just wanted you to know where I'm coming from. You have posted many things I enjoy, and I don't want this forum to be another etrac vs. v3 fight either. (that was ridiculous) I'm never going to bash the XP, and claim any other detector is superior, I just want to know where it fits into my arsenal. I have no doubt the Deus is amazing, but if I don't part with something before I get it, I will be a Lifetime movie. (my wife will kill me.) :heh:

I am completely with you here Silverman. My wife won't let ANY other detectors come in house unless I get rid of one each time from here on out. I also agree with you in that I have an E-Trac and a V3i and I am trying to see where the Deus fits in. I know its light and I know its wireless. Those two things aren't enough for me to get one. This machine is not "new" either. I am from Switzerland and I know these machines have been used over there for years. They are new to the US but they are not new to Europe. I see your frustration in your posts because I think I am in the same place as you and I also keep getting the same answers. It just seems like every answer to every question is something like "shut up, its new, its light weight and wireless. What else can you want. shut up and buy one." I might be wrong but this is what I feel like I hear all day long about this machine. It has yet to prove that it is better (deeper, better separation, better target ID etc) all I KNOW from everyone talking about it is its lighter and is wireless. Lets get some facts and compare this machine, in the US, against other successful machines here in the US. If it comes out that this machine is worth having (for performance as well as its gimmics) then I, and it sounds like Silverman, well be convinced, but for right now I have to agree and say I stand with Silverman. I am looking forward to posts from people who have bought this machine rather than so much "information" from people who are trying to sell it. HH -Marc

Often times the manufactures run an introductory sale. Maybe thats what they need to do here. Get a few machines out there in circulation, so they can be put to the test.

I am newer to hunting then most of the people on here but had the chance to go out with Andy Sabisch while he was in MD. He was using the Dues while I was out with him. I was amazed at the response that it was having compared to what I use. It picks up targets much more clearly and was picking up targets that were not being hit by the other detector. I for one am impressed by the how well it responses to what is there. The lightness and wireless feature are an added bonus as the weight allows you to be out in the field hunting for a longer period of time.

I think it will depend more on the ground conditions on how this new machine will work. I live in Orange, Virginia in a area that has the worst ground conditions in the whole state, I'm not far from Culpeper where the DIV hunts are held. Ask anyone that has hunted a DIV hunt how bad the ground around here is. I have been relic hunting for over 30 years and I have used a lot of different detectors over those years in this area. The major one thing I have learned...if a detector is a VLF type, it will definitely be handicapped in operation in this soil...a VLF detector will never compete against a PI detector in this soil...PERIOD !!! All the bells and whistles can't change the physics of a VLF in this soil.

The price is currently $400 off what the list price is . . . . .

Andy Sabisch said:
The price is currently $400 off what the list price is . . . . .

Andy, now long do you think the current pricing will last? I'm thinking about buying one and do not want to miss out if the price is going to go up in the near future. $1,899.00 is not a drop in the bucket for me, so I need to pull some funds together.

Most dealers sell for about $400 off MSRP list price anyway...how is that a special intro price? What's the point of going to a dealer if you aren't cut any off of MSRP list price? lol Could buy factory direct for that.

i concur! in time,enough information will be available
to render an intelligent "informed" decision. just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

my sentiments exactly! after all,they are not
exactly being given away!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

excellent point! well taken!
deus! you listening?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

right! generally around 20 cents on the dollar!
may have changed though,because everything is going up!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.