Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If its raining its not too cold to hunt!

mojotrout

Its been in the low forties with rain the last two days so the ground has thawed a bit. Miserable weather, but warm enough to get out to an old vacant house that's been around since 1915.Its a typical rusty nail, tin siding, roofing tack-filled yard but not a hunted one that I could tell.

I pulled out a 44 merc, three wheaties from the 20s-40s, a coll old toy car, a small buckle that rang up in the high 30s, and a Hyvis Oil token. The wheaties were coming in at 42! The 705 was chatty due to all of the targets but having the Sens set at 20 with tracking on helped a bit. Im really sold on getting a 6 inch coil, the 9 incher is just too much for places like this. 10-12 targets per swing at some parts of the yard.

Going back today to see if the clothesline area has thawed yet.

I like the token. It is so muddy in S Idaho it just isn't fun for me. BUT we need the rain real bad. I just hope it will stir things up at some of my previously hunted spots.

really wet ground will make it hit a little higher at times ... you'll love a small coil

Billium said:
I like the token. It is so muddy in S Idaho it just isn't fun for me. BUT we need the rain real bad. I just hope it will stir things up at some of my previously hunted spots.

hey Billium, Im just 15 minutes north of you! Yup, very muddy(and we desperately need the precip at higher elevations) but I just cant take sitting inside anymore!

Surfchunker, I am starting to see the higher numbers in the wet ground -- i just have to remember that when I get those 48s that I think are big iron or that nickels will hit in the 20s like the older beavertails do in dryer ground around here.

Congrat's,,, it's always fun to be finding those Merc's and wheat's

I always dig those 48's if they have a half way good sound to them. Some times they turn out to be half dollars.

Its been snowing here in Western PA for a couple of weeks, the ground is frozen and we have about 5" of snow that just doesn't what to leave. I can't remember how many years it has been since we has so many days below zero. No detecting in my near future.... I'd welcome 40 degrees!

We're all couch detecting thru you guys!

I live in Washington. Been too rainy to get out and even see if the ground is thawed out enough to dig. Getting antsy.
I found one of those Hyvis tokens last fall, it was in with a Kaiser Aluminum 1855-1955 anniversary token of the same size.
Thanks for sharing!!