Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If money wasn't a problem what Tesoro would you pick??

My choice, if I could have but one Tesoro it would be the Tiger Shark. With interchangeable coils. And a pig tail. The coils I would choose would be the ten inch, 8 inch, 7 inch, 5 3/4 inch and 3 x 18.
I would have concitered the Stingray ll, but it does not have the range of ground balance for the large coil.
Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Laugh all you want but what with having three of the "best" digital machines and 16 years experience, I picked up a $45 detector from a well known franchise tool store as an experiment. One that most of you wouldn't be seen dead with. It has auto ground balance, ratcheting pin pointing, three different tone modes, and other features. It is, of course, analog. It also has what I have not seen in any other analog detector - a two tone function where the tone breaks at wherever you move the disc knob - on the fly. Kind of like thumbing a Tesoro except with two tones. What I've noticed (learned) is that analog tones can often give more information than digital, especially when a target is right on the cusp of being disced out and "spits" in a certain way. There are some digital machines that approximate that function but digital tones do not seem to me as being as informative as analog. Anyway that's how it works for me. Oh, and that machine cost me $45.00 retail !

So - that's when I thought about getting another Tesoro. I used to have a Vaq and a Tejon but sold them before I had enough experience at detecting to fully appreciate them. But I remember the analog tones as being pretty informative. I wish Tesoro would make a two tone machine that worked like the one described above.

My point is that "advanced" doesn't always mean the machine - often all that's needed is a more advanced operator.

AND,if money was no object, a Vaquero.

Heck, if money is no object why not ALL of them?

i one of all models......

Lot of info here. I see different opinions because we all have different needs. Take the MX5. The pinpointer function mentioned came in handy as a pastor friend wanted me to !ocate his property stakes. By holding the pinpoint button a little longer, I was in all metal and got perfect responses. That, and so much more. Enter Tesoro. With money no concern, it would be the Tejon- like having 3 detectors in one. Some complain of depth in bad ground, but good depth- not great depth- would work for my sites. And the adjustment settings of the two discriminators make for a functional notch discriminstor- I know. I added my own second discriminator to my Silver umax and used it as such.

The Bandido II Umax is my first choice. The Outlaw is my second choice. The Vaquero is my third choice. I do have all three. The Bandido II Umax is no longer made, and it is getting very hard to find a good used one. The Outlaw is based on the Bandido II Umax and is the one that is most like the Bandido. I have never had a problem with the red button, and don't think that it is a big deal. I like being able to switch into all metal to check the size of larger items. The Vaquero does not have this feature. I do like my Vaquero, but I like the Bandido and Outlaw better.

I'd want an easy turn on and go to keep in the car for unforeseen opportunities. For this I would like the Silver Saber µMax. Light and handy, Easy to use. Changeable coils. Pinpoint Mode. Would put on the 6" concentric coil or maybe the 7" precision coin found on the Mojave. (I've given my Mojave to my daughter for teaching her boys. Good investment I think.)

I still have a Bandido and Golden Sabre. I had thoughts of sweeping out the closet of my less used machines, which includes both of these. Guess I'll be keeping them now. :thumbup:

Rich (Utah)

Of all the turn-on-and-go models, my #1 pick would be the Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX, and a lower-cost option that's also quite functional but lacks the Pinpoint feature would be the Mojave.

In my case I have the Silver Sabra [size=small]micro[/size]MAX, and since I have been thinning down and 'customizing' my detector outfit I let my Mojave go a couple of months ago. I also have a choice-condition Bandido II µMAX hanging on my den wall next to my Silver Sabre µMAX because I was fortunate enough to get my stolen Bandido II µMAX back in my team. So, for me, that 2nd device is my 'tote-along' Tesoro.

My efforts to thin out excess detectors was also complemented by my desires to 'customize' my Detector Outfit so that I had two of some models, allowing me to keep a few favorites for different hunting needs in my vehicle so I am always ready for any opportunity that I happen to encounter in a daily travel. Therefor, my 'Beep & Dig' aka "non-display" device is my 2nd Bandido II [size=small]micro[/size]MAX and I keep a thin-profile 6" Concentric coil mounted on all my Tesoro units. It joins my original Nokta FORS CoRe, also recovered last February from my stolen detectors, and it has the small 'OOR' DD mounted. Today I'll be making a trade to get my 2nd custom Edge Blue Nokta Relic back [size=small](it wasn't stolen, it was just a moment of 'dumbness' that I traded it off a few months ago)[/size] and my original Relic w/5" DD coil is also in my Daily Travel Team. And for a light weight Target ID model for some quick urban Coin Hunting I have a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/7" Concentric also on the back seat.

No matter where I go, with these four detectors as my travel companions I will be able to handle any renovation work, sidewalk tear-outs, parks or other playgrounds or sports fields, or any old places should I be out wandering around the countryside ... I'll always be prepared with these four duplicate back-up models, and for sure there is always going to be a favorite Tesoro in the mix.

Monte