Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If you cant DIG ; what do you do ? :ranting:

Cajuncoinhunter

Just some discussion. JULY and AUG are usually the hottest months of the year here. On top of that , most all the fields that we normally detect in here are planted with crops until SEPT. Not only is it HOT , but the combined humidity is a real show stopper and the snakes roaming around make things even more of a challenge (the woods are out of the question unless you're a complete idiot).

Trying to beat boredom and the itch to detect in order of preference : 1) I usually focus my attention on a bit of coin shooting :detecting: 2) do some CW research trying to locate new spots for the fall :throw: 3) try and get or re-confirm my permission rights to detect private property sites :buds: 4) hang out on the forums watching others dig coins/relics :thumbup: 5) catch up on a few "honey do's". :rofl:

Good luck and c'mon SEPT. CCH

That's a very good point TOLH. :thumbup: cch

CCH , I know what you mean, It's hot out and the ground is hard. I'm not to far from the beach so I get to sneak a trip or two a month in out there. Your # one is always at the top of my list. I also like # five. Lord know I got a lot of things to do around the house.I think this is a good time to clean our detectors or sharpen our digging tools.The rain will come and all will be well in no time but until then have everything ready to roll. HH Tom

Great ideas! I'm glad to know that you don't hit the woods now. I don't have to worry about you tangling with a snake. :yikes: HH, Nancy

Its probably good to take a break only when you are forced to..:rofl: Theres so much ground to cover and these coils are so small, so a fellow cant get lazy and start golfing! Yes the catch up projects and maintenance items are the thing to do, hanging at the forums, or researching, or even going to the satellite images of the earth and sort of practice hunting a location you've never been to...with your use of history, you might be able to find where there was some sort of obscure skirmish, and find where there was a likely camping spot or river ford that may have been used. There were losts of obscure skirmishes down in your old dirt, some I'm sure have been lost to the ages, not to mention church revivals, rondevous, chataquas and the like. I'm gonna take a few days and build a couple of redwood stand-up paddleboards...I've got some #1 Sequoia 10" siding that was underneath the aluminum siding on a house I restored 10 years ago...those paddleboards are very popular with the SUV driving croud, go for a couple grand, and they are really easy to build!
Mud