Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If You Haven't Tried Doc's Coiltek Platypus Coil Yet---You Should!

wpaxt

As a longtime Minelab user who had one of the very first WOT coils, I have been very curious as to the performance of the new Platypus coil from Coiltek. Well, I had my first opportunity to use the Platypus this weekend at Santa Monica Beach and came away very impressed. My buddy, Frank, has one on his Explorer XS II & he let me try it out for about an hour. Being a stock coil user since I bought my machine, I was curious to see just how the coil performed.

The verdict: Excellent. What really impressed me was the balance, since the stock coil has always seemed to me to be a bit end heavy. Depth was similar, and the pinpointing was a breeze. And the slightly larger coverage area was a definite plus as well.

Final point: no falsing in the water (thank God!) even running at full sensitivity.

So I will be saving up my zincs for one of these. Cudos to Doc & Coiltek for developing a very useful Explorer add-on and another quality product.

Bill (S. CA)

Some are reporting it falses like crazy on the wet sand to the point of not being usable (e.g. sens at 10 still falsing) let alone running it at full sens.

Charles,

I can only speak from my experience and that of my friend, Frank, who has had the coil since Doc's first shipment. Neither one of us has noticed any falsing problems with the coil when it is hit by water. Here on the West Coast we do encounter a great deal of black sand that can, on occasion, cause falsing with the stock coil. The lack of falsing of the Platypus in areas of black sand is what really impressed me. Personally I have never had a problem with Coiltek coils falsing in the water, and I have 100's of hours on WOT coils on both the Sovereign and Excalibur. Their stability is one of the main reasons that I am so impressed with their product.

If in fact there are people who you know who have had falsing problems with their coils I would urge them to contact Doc. I've known him since he sold his first Coiltek coil and he backs his product 100%. He would certainly take up the problem with Coiltek.

Bill (S. CA)