Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If you like Pina Coladas...gotcha covered! :clapping:

mudpuppy

..Post Fireworks Beach Wreckage! 11 towels, 16 empty cans, 1 umbrella, 2 unused ordnance, :thumbup: 1 roll of paper towels, 3 bags of Pina Coladas, 1 pair of pants, 1 slightly drunk kid, clad up the wazoo!...[attachment 315789 july5-15-4.jpg][attachment 315790 july5-15.jpg][attachment 315791 july5-15-2.jpg][attachment 315792 july5-15-3.jpg][attachment 315793 july5-15-5.jpg][attachment 315794 july5-15-1.jpg]

Backstory:
Dog barked all night until the fireworks settled down around 2am...I was up at 3, at the beach a little before 4...running the F70 at 75 sens.DP tones, -3 thresh, barefoot...In this kind of heavy trash and in the dark, a guy needs something super accurate to pick good finds out of the mess. Cant grab this much clad in this short of time running anything other than DP tones....multiple heavy spills, got 3 Q's in one swipe of my tiny 5" scoop once... Foil, tabs, caps, cans, chairs, you get the idea..just wade into the trash piles, kick cans of sunscreen and emptys out of the way, and sweep for the tight signals.:thumbup:.

So many towels, had to hike back to Rosie 4 times to offload, had them slung over my shoulder like the proverbial Continental Soldier!...There were so many more I left, and bedsheets galore! Could of outfitted a 4 mast schooner with all the cotton! Flip flops and watermelons even!... I had the place all to myself until about 5:30...then the other coil swingers showed up! I stumbled across this kid in the pine tree picture, who evidently dug himself a little nest and spent the night on the beach...I thought, "Cool, I could use a strong young kid to help me carry all these damn towels, and the International law of 'finders keepers' certainly applies" He was a bit too heavy for me to drag, and voiced extreme displeasure when I attempted it..:lmfao:....I offered him half a watermelon as a gesture of friendship, which he declined in an insubordinant and churlish manner, and stumbled off down the beach into the pre dawn gloam, muttering an incredibly correct assumption of my metal status, age and pedigree "You crazy old Btard!"...Once it got light enough to see, @5:30, I ransacked for eyefinds while swinging coil..snatching cans and miscellaneous bric a brac.

Anyway, I was slap wornt the hell out from all those towel offload hikes!...back and forth, back and forth, at least a 1/2 mile each time! I hit a little dirt park on the way home and got a dirty Q,D,N, and P...went to the Piggley Wiggley and cashed in the cans, bought a brace of 25oz Buds with the proceeds plus another buck 80 clad..got home by 7am and am currently carbocharging....

Summation: A guy dont need eyes with DP tones...you can hunt in total darkness and distinguish good targets from pop tops and Pringle cans, even feeling a towel you can tell if it has a good pile or not...all your other senses are heightened as well.....Also, Its OK for a guy to drink on a Sunday morning before 8 am if he put in the miles...and, Americans are rich and careless..sleeping dogs and kids are best left alone....I suppose a guy could of lit one of those mortar rounds and tossed it into that kids bunker? Then popped a half watermelon over his head as he emerged!..Now that woulda made for a great picture! :rofl: A half drunk kid running down the beach with his pants on fire wearing a watermelon helmet! You just dont get to see that everyday!

Crap! Took me so long to type this out, all my beers gone! I wonder what a Pina Colada tastes like? Its not even 9 am..dare I give it a try? I certainly earned it!
Mud

That is a mighty fine tale and accounting, Mr Mud. I'm worn out just reading about all the work you've already put in for the day. Nice pile of clad and good quarter count. 16 towels at a garage sale! Yep, smokes and beer. Mighty find morning of beach sacking. HH jim tn

More good and interesting stuff there. I can't get over how filthy and wasteful people are. The county park on my way into town this morning looks like an abandoned tent city complete with charred food smoldering on still warm grills and trash that looks knee deep in spots.

Well Jim, there is a slight method to my yearly beach madness...East wind for a few days brings super cold Lake Mi water up tight along shore...water temps in the 40's, which to me meant there was nobody in the water, and plenty of pent up Forth of July frivolity on the sand!.:thumbup:..

I dont go at this all Higglety Pigglety and just flail along for chips and wiggles....Although I Did find a half bag of chips this morning for breakfast, and also wiggled myself into a portacrapper and employed it in a most aggregious fashion as I have aptly mentioned in the past..Those paper towels certainly came in handy here!:rofl:

No! A guy has to use his head or he may as well have two bungholes, as you know from selling shoes all these years...Thats why the 70 set up accordingly was the weapon of choice today....'right place at the right time, with the right gear and the right mind', so to speak...main reason why I didnt wetsuit up and go in with the Pro for water gold...waters too damn cold yet..I met a Father and Son team swinging Whites, working the main beach grid..I'm guessing they will do alright, no way I found it all, I got my share and got out and left the trash...

Driving home on the side streets, saw a few plump and ignorant deer, one nice fat woodchuck, and a plethora of fuzzybutts (cottontails) on my way...Had a guy been in this for a living, which is not yet out of the question, I'd be setting up a table and selling those towels, and grilling up some nice jungle meat beach shish kabobs for todays human traffic!...good gosh, that sounds good! :drool: I bet that kid woulda dressed out at least 150lbs! Thats a lot of long pork! A freshly procured alcohol marinated young kid slowly roasted over a garbage can fire is probably better than McDonalds! Plus, I probably could a got a dollar for his pants and shoes too! :rofl: If he had the mental wherewithal to make change and mind the grill, I'd a kept him as a Mudpuppy Industries employee!

On another note, I think a spider bit me on that one middle toe of mine?.....its all I can figure that would blow up that big that fast?..It still looks angry and tragic, oozing grease like a SamsClub SlimJim with a sunflower seed for the nail..I need a nap...what is it? 10:30? might just make another run later today for tomorrows beer money, hope you are well, and thanks for your kind reply..:thumbup:...Good thing the Nephilim was not out today bench pressing picnic tables...That was one big damned eye find there! Woulda kept me in meat all Summer had I been able to procure it...no, give me a drunk kid and a few rabbits..a guy has to know his limitations right?
Mud.

boy they shire make a mess.

Classic Urban Survivor---Ole Stealthy Mud outwits all those sheeple again---just lies in wait until they replinish his hunting grounds and he loads up. I swear if Mud keeps this up I am going to have to get me a 70 just to have one !!

Nice collection of clad there. If you do rummage sales those towels will bring a few bucks. That is some good hunting.....Z

Haaaaa! You beat out all those late risers to the occasion.

wow Mud you cashed in very nicely on this trip. I would have been very tempted to light off a mortar round right near the kid or bury the kid up to his neck with sand :rofl: However... one has to focus....