Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If you want a good beach detector then the Sovereign is the one

A

Anonymous

If you want a prospecting detector you see it is not the one for that from the replys. The new Sovereign GT now may be what you are looking for as this one has a all metal ground balance called the"Accu-Trak" that you can lock too if needed. The older Sovereign didnt have any ground balance in all metal as this is what you will need to go prospecting.The BBS of the Sovereign is disabled in all metal from what I have read. Here is a quote out of the owners manual."When operating in all metals, Minelab's world renowned automatic balance is operating to overcome the effects of varible, mineralized soils. This automatic ground balance means that the Sovereign GT can be used for gold prospecting or relic hunting in mineralized soils as well as coin hunting& treasure hunting in parks, feilds or the beach"
" if the track mode is unsuccessful at ground balancing in heavy mineralized ground, the operator should reduce the sensitivity setting and slow the sweep speed down" I would think myself if it is that mineralized a smaller coil also would help and not using the 10 inch coil or bigger.
Being this detector has just been released we dont have anybody use it for this yet and post how it will work, but hope to see some post of this soon.
I have talk to many that were using the Whites for some beach hunting and after they learned the Sovereign find that the Sovereign or the Excallibur will do many time better with depth that is unheard of with the Whites.
One thing to remember is the Sovereign takes a little time to understand with it tones and going slower so the detector can see everything the coil goes over and beable to get the max depth.
Unless you plan on doing a lot of prospecting or you ground is solid black sand I feel the Sovereign you are getting will work good for you, that is once you have learned it. Have patience it will be worth it.
I hope to see more post on the GT for prospecting in all metal after it has been out for a while.
Rick