Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If your a tall man or need to extend your lower rod to the end

texkinzee

The Simplex suffers from the same shaft flex as the recent equinox problem. The coil becomes front end heavy and will ware you out after a few hours of detecting..Two other points. Difficult to change functions due to the time constraint. Can't wear gloves without having a problem engaging push buttons unless the gloves are very thin. It did a great job of separating in iron. No issues with the coil on a frost field.

Years ago I’m sure I wouldn’t have noticed the weight.

I only took mine out for a brief test on my plot so far but feels a little front heavy

It seems really deep, picking up my 12” bullet a good 4” off the ground.

I’m going to test it soon in a pounded place I call the bullet patch.

After 40 years, the readings are getting scarce but if I hit some, will be saying a lot.

Pounded with V3i, explorer, CTX 3030, 2-b nautilus, and lastly can barely get a reading with the Deus.

I’ve hit bullets measured 14” so if it hits one of them, I’ll be impressed.

Stand by
Jerry

texkinzee said:
The Simplex suffers from the same shaft flex as the recent equinox problem. The coil becomes front end heavy and will ware you out after a few hours of detecting..Two other points. Difficult to change functions due to the time constraint. Can't wear gloves without having a problem engaging push buttons unless the gloves are very thin. It did a great job of separating in iron. No issues with the coil on a frost field.
Plus+1 on time constraint. Too quick.

If there is any left you will hot them. Good luck.

TinCanBeach said:
texkinzee said:

That would be an easy update for us guys...we want people to continue using it and see how they feel.. that is what I had thought when I first used it but within time I was flying through settings and adjusting them without an issue.

Nokta Detectors said:
TinCanBeach said:
texkinzee said:

That would be an easy update for us guys...we want people to continue using it and see how they feel.. that is what I had thought when I first used it but within time I was flying through settings and adjusting them without an issue.
Shaft flex has been a problem for tall people over many years. If you can slow down the time constraint it would be welcomed by many users.Regards

texkinzee said:
Nokta Detectors said:
TinCanBeach said:
texkinzee said:

Shaft flex has been a problem for tall people over many years. If you can slow down the time constraint it would be welcomed by many users.Regards

I was actually referring to the timeout. I need to check with the team on the shaft.

Time out is what I was referring to. Thanks.. Superb performance hunting in the iron.

Unlike most detectors you have the ability to adjust both the upper and lower shaft which will greatly reduce shaft flexing due to coil weight when extended.