Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

If your new to the DEUS

UncleTom

If you're new to the Deus don't give up too soon. Please give it time to click. Andy's book is a big help and a lot of people here will help you too. I have had a Deus since 2013 and enjoy it very much thanks to people like Gary B. Take time to look at his UTUBE video's and his hot program is just that! Thanks Tom J.

Ive had mine for going on a month now and I hunt alot 3 or 4 times week so Ive been putting alot of time in on it. first week good,second week better,third week great and now I feel like im clicking with it. I will not give up Tom ! thanks

I think you need to give yourself time to learn the language of any detector, you see it all the time people buying and selling detectors almost on a weekly basis and loosing money each time. In my opinion they just don't give themselves the time needed to learn the machine maybe they just don't want to put the time into it I just don't know.

1st impressions: I had it out tonight after supper for a bit, I was not out very long it was bloody cold with the wind coming in off the Atlantic however I did have a good time and started the learning process. Tonight was just a listen to the voice of the Deus and step through the programs nothing to much I didn't dig anything in fact I didn't take anything with me to dig with no pouch no digger no pinpointer that was not the purpose (although I have noted a few good signals I will go back to later).

I find like everyone its very light, collapses to a small package, I do find the screen small (vision impaired) but I can deal with it, I have written to Deus suggesting that if they came out with an optional remote with a screen 2 or 3 times bigger I would be 1st inline for one. I think the Deus is a very powerful detector with a lot of configuration options and its easy to look at the manual or the menus and get overwhelmed I think the key is go slow and don't try to do to much at once.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, for the 1st 5 minutes tonight although I could see numbers coming up on the remote I couldn't hear any sound then I realized I had not turned the volume up on the WS4's :laugh:

Its all Good
All the Best
DFB

Hi DFB
Great report, I fully appreciate searching in the US can be a difficult task compared to Europe, the ring pulls, foil and bottle caps must be a real challenge.
The Deus is a great audio machine, so try to use the target response and tones to your advantage. Once mastered you will find the meter is not as important as you originally thought.

Thank you for your videos Gary and a big thank you to all the other Dues owners for the excellent posts/information. I've had the Deus since last July and the learning curve seems to be a little steep. What has helped me the most is just using the detector and trying not to get lost in the weeds by multiple different settings. The hardest thing has been understanding and configuring the ground balance. The other day the Deus was so sensitive that it was falsing pretty bad on the out swing. There is a low hanging power line in my yard that may be affecting the detector so I try to compensate for that. Good yard though it has yielded a ton of old musket balls and a dime from 1853. But all of those were found with the AT Pro. I am not deterred! Best of luck to everyone.

Dont worry to much about the ground balance, only adjust it when the machine's on screen mineralization meter is telling you to adjust it, otherwise 88 - 90 manual.

I highly encourage folks new to Deus,,if you are struggling while hunting in modern trash.

Try the following... Get yourself some higher conductive coins,,and a few pull tabs.

Lay the tabs one at a time next to the coins very close.

Play with you notch setting.

Folks biggest mistake is to just notch out slightly above junk targets Vdi wise,,,big mistake,,as this will not clean the tone up on the Deus,,,,will cause it to blend tones.
Now granted the meter reading will not be accurate on for example a dime and tab swept close together,,,but you up the notch,,eventually you will get the crisp high tone on the dime.
A dig me signal.

Now folks need to realize hunting sites where modern trash is deep,,this won't help near as much.
And doing the above,,,even deep nickels can still be heard.

Thank you for response. I run it wide open (no disc, no notch) when looking for deep stuff. When searching around areas with lots of garbage I do the opposite. I think the sensitivity is too high sometimes. The ground mineralization bar on the right doesn't ever seem to light up. I must have very neutral ground in eastern Tennessee! Ground type is red clay, brown dirt and the black sediment stuff. I am not deterred. I love the Deus and will keep at it. Good luck to y'all.

TheDetectorDude said:
Thank you for response. I run it wide open (no disc, no notch) when looking for deep stuff. When searching around areas with lots of garbage I do the opposite. I think the sensitivity is too high sometimes. The ground mineralization bar on the right doesn't ever seem to light up. I must have very neutral ground in eastern Tennessee! Ground type is red clay, brown dirt and the black sediment stuff. I am not deterred. I love the Deus and will keep at it. Good luck to y'all.

The mineralization meter--- you need to bob the coil over clean ground--- give it about 3-6 times,,watch the meter rise,,,in east Tn,,I'll bet the meter comes up at least half way in most places,,higher ridge tops,, even higher.

Just watching the meter while just sweeping along--- don't provide the accurate info.

Now ground phase number,,this is accurate while sweeping along.

I purchased a new XP last week, Also have the Garrett AT Pro. Pull Tabs and foil are killing me but I do not want to miss any gold.
Also hard to get use to the different VDI numbers. I lave a long road ahead of me mastering this machine but so far I am impressed with it.

Here is a very short article I did a while back, for people who are new to the Deus, it outlines some very basic menu settings.
XP Basic Settings Deus Day 1

Hello again,
I took the Deus out again last night to try bobbing the coil over the ground to see the mineralization meter change but it didn't. I tried it in several different areas of the yard but it never changed. I left the ground balance at 90 and did not make any notch changes. I am using Gary-Bs hot program in 8khz. The detector seems to work fine just doesn't show any mineralization. I took it to a hunt recently and came away with 70+ coins so I know it'll hunt.

TheDetectorDude said:
Hello again,
I took the Deus out again last night to try bobbing the coil over the ground to see the mineralization meter change but it didn't. I tried it in several different areas of the yard but it never changed. I left the ground balance at 90 and did not make any notch changes. I am using Gary-Bs hot program in 8khz. The detector seems to work fine just doesn't show any mineralization. I took it to a hunt recently and came away with 70+ coins so I know it'll hunt.

Sounds like good sweet ground to detect in.....

Thanks Gary. I am starting to experiment with notch settings to eliminate some of the trash, Squirrel1 has been very helpful in that aspect. All the good info posted on this site can really open up your eyes to the possibilities of what this machine can do. I have a lot of learning ahead of me!