Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IH #2!!!! It has been a good week!

tiftaaft

I went to an old school in Portland to try out my new 5" Sunray and found a few pieces of clad, it seemed to be tuned in to nickels (or the school had been cherry picked for high conductors). Still have a lot to learn on the small coil... but I decided to walk across the attached ballfield with the stock coil...

I was about mid-field when I hit a solid toned wheatie at 5". About 10 feet away, I got a little deeper and lighter tone... and that beautiful emerald popped out at about 6"... after months and months of hunting, my first 2 indians within a week!!!. LOVING this Explorer!!!

This one is in GREAT shape.. you can still see the feather's lines and read "LIBERTY" in the head band!. The back has some corrosion, but I am excited to have this in my collection!

Tim

Go buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, pour some in a bowl and warm in the microwave, let the IH soak and bubble for a couple hours then gently brush with an old tooth brush under a faucet, all that dirt will come off. This won't fix hard, thick caked green crust but will much improve what you do have.

Thanks E.se.. I sure hope so!

Thanks Tony! Yes, the detail is amazing for a coin that age.

I may try that Charles, but I also like that green patina. It may be my favorite coin design :). Though I am sure I would change my tune if I ever am fortunate enough to uncover a seated... ;)

tiftaaft said:
Thanks E.se.. I sure hope so!

Thanks Tony! Yes, the detail is amazing for a coin that age.

I may try that Charles, but I also like that green patina. It may be my favorite coin design :). Though I am sure I would change my tune if I ever am fortunate enough to uncover a seated... ;)

Tim meant to say, "if I'm ever fortunate enough to uncover a Bust silver" :devil: