Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Iknow, Iknow..........

A

Anonymous

I'm bad but I just couldn't resist this. The Giffords need to start listening to people like this.

That's far from an isolated incident. Probably half the people who use AOL have been banned from his website. Earlier this week he banned an AOL user because he had a Hotmail email address and in the process also banned many potential Tesoro customers. AOL uses proxy servers and routes hundreds of users through the same proxies so banning an AOL proxy bans everyone who is routed through that proxy.

Banning just "one" person by blocking an ISP blocks untold numbers of potential customers in the process. In the case of AOL, how many THOUSANDS ?
It also seems the truth is coming out as to manufacturer sponsorship (or the lack thereof) on the various TD forums, where being "Official" is a matter of debate, since there is no "Official" manufacturer sponsorship with the lone exception of Tesoro. And whether they condone the kind of treatment their potential customers receive there or not really boils down to "guilt by association". I would bet that any "on site" employee of Tesoro who treated a walk-in customer with such disrespect would be fired on the spot. The problem is that most of us just don't understand their stance with Cissna, since all of this is much more public and potentially more damaging to their business.
But maybe they are coming around...... or at least beginning to admit to the truth of all the controversey.

They are probably aware of the problems but are too tightly tied to him to break away. Unfortunately with the availility of information both good and bad over the Internet Tesoro stands to lose a lot of potential customers. Before the Internet these little squabbles were easily held in check. Now it's all out in the open for the world to see.
HH
Beachcomber

And also the place I work, True Temper, have either a program or server that blocks any website that has what they consider inappropriate material and shows a message like that. I would think that's something similar.
JB

Version of AOL 9.0 does a lot of Censoring too. Pretty soon you will only be able to get the true content of the Internet through small hometown ISP's that don't normally Censor and that allow you to read what you want not what they deem as acceptable.
HH
Beachcomber