Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'll be adding the XP Deus to my arsenal

BarberDan

I'll be adding the XP Deus to my arsenal of detectors. I plan on using it to complement my beloved E-Trac. I'm really looking forward to comparing it to the ET...and hope that I like it better than the V3i and F75. I must say that I'm looking forward to the weight of it.....and the technology of the wireless system. Should have the detector in by the end of next week or beginning of the following week.........can't wait to put it through its paces. I actually hate to get another detector because of my love for the ET....but couldn't resist the allure of the Deus.

You will be happy you made this decision. I love my E-Trac and will be keeping it, however, the Deus is a perfect complement to it. You will like it I'm sure. Please let us know how you are getting on with it and if you have any questions, I am happy to help any way that I can. HH -Marc

I think the Deus is the perfect compliment to the E-Trac.The Deus takes up the slack when you need a lightning fast machine in the nails and when looking for small/tiny gold jewelery.Also nice for a break from the weight of the E-Trac.

Hi BarberDan. Welcome to the club of XP Deus and E-Trac owners. These two machines together are an awesome combination and will cover just about any situation you face out in the field. I take both of them with me on every hunt and decide when I get there which one I'm going to use based on the conditions. Deep targets with moderate trash I tend to go with the E-Trac. Heavy trash or targets in the 4 - 6 inch depth range I pull out the Deus. The Deus is very sensitive to smaller targets specially in 18 KHz, which makes it a great jewelry or gold detector. The other thing that I like about the Deus is the wireless feature and the weight. Working the woods is a dream with this machine, no more head phone tangles in tree branches or undergrowth and the 9 inch coil is just the right size to get around tight places and big enough to cover some ground. Also, we all know how heavy the E-Trac can get after a few hours of use and being able to pull out the Deus is like starting the day all over again nice and fresh. The XP Deus is a fun machine and a joy to use, but very different then the E-Trac. I found it a little difficult at first to get the E-Trac tones out of my head and start new with the Deus, but this is very important as the Deus tones are very different and hold the key to identifying good vs bad targets in many situations. Take a look a Marc's (MHirschmann) posts on sounds as he explains them very well (or at least as good as you can, hard to put sounds down in words).. Good luck with the Deus and let us know how you get along.

Woohooo....Deus will be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait till I can get it out. Damn shame this is "Finals" week...but after that I'll have time to detect! Going to put in some serious hours on this machine to learn all of the quirks.