Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I'll have the R6 update

Ed in SoDak

I returned mine due to a coil intermittent and was asked if I'd like the update. After hesitating about a nanosecond, I said Yes!! As an electronics nut since age 6 and detectorist of 25 years, I'm totally intrigued and can't wait to see what's been changed.

Nobody from BH has made much direct contact with me, but I know that management has been monitoring my situation and was anxious for my machine to arrive there. My guess is they got their hands on it just today.

Since I may be among the first to have an updated T2 in my hands, I'll give it a try as soon as I can once it's returned to me.

-Ed

I copied this from an earlier post I made on the 26th.

>> My coil issue was the T2 going into constant overload, nothing stopping it, except a swift whack to the side of the coil. The same thing happens when the coil is unplugged with it turned on, so it sure sounds like a flaky wire inside that may or may not connect, a tap or bump changing its state. I waited till it had happend three times, so I knew it was not an odd fluke.

It was great getting a personal reply from Dave Johnson, with instructions to send it directly to his attention. I'll receive it back with a new coil and calibration after testing. He also answered a couple questions posed to me by others. Plus, Jeff made a quick appearance to see if he could help. Can't beat that for service! <<

-Ed

I'm just not sure how it will be implemented. Could be they can write new software through a port on the T2 board. It might require a chip swap, or, third method might be a new board.

I'll have to wait to see it to know what's been done. I really know nothing more than what's in my first post. They asked if I wanted it, I said sure, you bet! There's another post about it farther down the page mentioning several changes.

-Ed