Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Im apparently getting my religion mojo.

Ronstar

Had some time Saturday so went back to the big intramural play field where I found the 14k Catholic pendant. Made 85 cents in clad fairly quickly but then hit a solid 26 on the Legend at 3-4 bars depth. Could be a nickel…..
At first the carrot was buzzing in the spoils but couldnt see any coin. Finally found a small flat lead looking piece and thought I had a flattened lead fishing weight again (found some of those last week) but then saw some type of figure on it. Pulled out the water spray bottle and realized I had a small jewelry charm! Looked tarnished and I could see it was a St Christophers medal. I couldn’t see any other stampings at the time. A short distance away I found another one! Spent maybe 30 minutes making a grid search but found no more.
Once home I cleaned them up and just had that feeling with a blackish tarnished look maybe it might be silver…..on the back of the St Christopher charm in extremely small imprint in the center was, well, something. Used my three piece loupe and could make out “STER” on the upper line and “CHAR??” on the lower line. 99% sure upper is STERLING but no idea the bottom unless maybe CHARMS. Wife and visiting daughter both believed the letters were “CHAK??” Quick Google search brings up CHAKRA but nothing really appears to be close.
Im going to assume if one is silver they all would be? Anyone have a better grasp on what the unreadable letters might be? I also tried my small pocket microscope and those last letters are pretty much worn away.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpeg
    IMG_1668.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Jeff,
The history of this piece of land is various, originally a pasture for cows. The sports field used to be about half the size it is now. Sometime in the late 40s to early 50s a bunch of old housing units were torn down to make room for large dormitories and a high rise student tower with single rooms. I was told a lot of the debris from the housing was trucked off but the debris field was moved over to the one end and graded to be the same level as the other end. Thus one finds old items and larger junk items. I’ve only found two silver coins there, both late 50s. I fear the better stuff is deeper as its thought nearly three feet of fill was used to bring it up level.

Good on the Religious medal(s), they are a neat find. I've found a goodly number of them over the years and far more for me are not silver then are. Thinner pieces, like many of the medals are, when silver do have a tendency to blacken in places. Fun to find! HH jim tn

Had some time Saturday so went back to the big intramural play field where I found the 14k Catholic pendant. Made 85 cents in clad fairly quickly but then hit a solid 26 on the Legend at 3-4 bars depth. Could be a nickel…..
At first the carrot was buzzing in the spoils but couldnt see any coin. Finally found a small flat lead looking piece and thought I had a flattened lead fishing weight again (found some of those last week) but then saw some type of figure on it. Pulled out the water spray bottle and realized I had a small jewelry charm! Looked tarnished and I could see it was a St Christophers medal. I couldn’t see any other stampings at the time. A short distance away I found another one! Spent maybe 30 minutes making a grid search but found no more.
Once home I cleaned them up and just had that feeling with a blackish tarnished look maybe it might be silver…..on the back of the St Christopher charm in extremely small imprint in the center was, well, something. Used my three piece loupe and could make out “STER” on the upper line and “CHAR??” on the lower line. 99% sure upper is STERLING but no idea the bottom unless maybe CHARMS. Wife and visiting daughter both believed the letters were “CHAK??” Quick Google search brings up CHAKRA but nothing really appears to be close.
Im going to assume if one is silver they all would be? Anyone have a better grasp on what the unreadable letters might be? I also tried my small pocket microscope and those last letters are pretty much worn away.
STER - Sterling
CHAR / CHAK - Chapel... I believe the wording is unfortunately just worn off... Your St. Christopher Medal is unique... I would hang on to it.... The symbolism on this Medallion means it was commissioned for a specific Chapel...
I don't know which one... Most St. Christopher Medallions are Not Ornate... They're oval or round... And do Not show a palm tree... As opposed to the staff....
"When they reached the other side, the child revealed himself as Christ, and told Christopher that he had just carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. Christopher planted his staff by the edge of the river where it became a palm tree."
I had a Great Challenge finding this one.... It's amazing how fast a few hours goes by...
:crazy: ..... Fantastic Finds Sir :thumbup: di gratia vobiscum
SC3 (1).png
SC4 (1).png

Wow! Since there were the two I found close to each other Im thinking it might be worth going back and running a cross grid search. Seems like most charm bracelets/necklaces Ive seen have several charms. I have a contact at Facilities Management and the exact date of the field improvements should be recorded.
Thanks to thepest for your time and effort.